• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress sets not installing

Laurence@

Regular Pleskian
I edited the WordPress Essentials set to add some plugins. Have it set to install WP under a service plan with that Set. Upon WP install it is only installing Akismet and Hello Dolly (the latter I removed from the set). Also tested other untouched sets on other service plans and they don't work either.

Hello,

Could youi please clarify your scenario? As I understand, you just setup a WordPress Essentials set and specify service plan settings to install WordPress with this set automatically on new subscriptions. Then you create a new subscription according this plan and found that WordPress was instralled automatically, but w/o some plugins, right?

I want to note, that additional plugins and themes installation performed asynchnonously so it could take some time (usually 1-2 minutes).

That's correct. WordPress is installed but the plugins are not installed. Tried on 4 different domains, 3 different Service Plans and 3 different WordPress Sets including creating a brand new set. Plugins are not there even 2 hours later.

Thank you for feedback! We confirmed a bug EXTWPTOOLK-1664. It will be fixed in the nearest update of WordPress Toolkit module at the begining of next week. I apologize for inconvinience.

Hi Laurence,

WPT 3.3.1 update that fixes the bug you've reported is now published and available. Thanks for letting us know!

Regarding the announcements -- I don't think there's a single mailing list that mentions all important updates, but this is a good point that I'll discuss with our Marketing team.

This server is set to "General release (Recommended)" and shows up to date:

66ec08cface59ee2f8dabcbf78ba9b68.png

But it's still not working. How can I force an update of the WP Toolkit?

Ah, you meant that one. Okay, that was already set. Looks like it updated and confirmed the Sets are now installing. Thanks for the quick fix.

In the future will there be a way to set WP to install with such things as Automatically Update Plugins? And install with hardened security like security of /wp-content and /wp-includes. Client has to do these things manually right now. Maybe have these things in Settings? I just installed WP and it had security status as Danger.

In the future will there be a way to set WP to install with such things as Automatically Update Plugins? And install with hardened security like security of /wp-content and /wp-includes. Client has to do these things manually right now. Maybe have these things in Settings?

Yes, we'd like to add more server-wide WPT settings, specifically, defaults. This should come very handy if you have multiple WP instances on the same server. If you have anything in particular you'd like to see there, please let me know.

I just installed WP and it had security status as Danger.

This is actually worrying, since when you install WP via WPT, it should apply all critical security improvements automatically, and its security status should be Warning, not Danger. Can you tell me which mandatory security checker wasn't applied?

I just set up another domain and it has Security labelled as Warning as expected. What happens is, if you view the Security panel and then close it without taking any action, Warning turns to Danger. Not sure if that is the expected behavior.

As for the settings, anything that can be reverted should be added to a Settings page so admins can preset the security according to a Set. That's all but one of the Security settings:

Security of the wp-content folder
Security of the wp-includes folder Turn off XML-RPC pingbacks
Disable scripts concatenation for WP admin panel

And for Update Settings the ability to preset Auto-updates for Plugins would be great.

I was not able to repeat such situation.
Which version of WP Toolkit is installed in your Plesk?
Are you using quick install to install new WordPress or this is a custom installation?
WordPress was installed in root folder of domain (httpdocs) or into some subdirectory?

It was a quick install and manual theme install. Toolkit is latest version. All updates turned on. WP installed in root. When manually running the task it updated the theme. Not sure if it was a one off issue. For now I'm considering it resolved. If it happens again I'll troubleshoot some more.

I see. It looks like I can guess why such a situation may happens. Some theme was manually installed after installation (and securing) of WP instance. New theme may be installed with permissions which are considered as "unsecure". And security check was applied when you went to security drawer, and then security status was changed to Danger.
I'm going to check this scenario and we'll consider to create bug or feature request to run secure check more often to avoid such unexpected behaviour.

And for Update Settings the ability to preset Auto-updates for Plugins would be great.

@Laurence@, to clarify, you'd like to define which plugins you want to have auto-updated, correct? Can you tell me more about your preset idea? Thanks in advance!

Just a general switch to turn on automatic updates for plugins so WP is setup with the option activated would be enough. Being able to opt certain plugins out of updates would be great. But that would be set after WP was installed.

Back