• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress/SQL Databases and Migration Manager

Robin McDermott

Basic Pleskian
I am testing the migration with a couple of sites before I do our my entire server. The two issues I have are:

1. SQL Databases from the old server get created on the new server, but they are blank. Not a HUGE problem to export and import them from the old server to the new, but I can't figure out how to import them into the domain. With the blank migrated db still there, I get an error message that a db with that name already exists. And, if I delete the migrated db, I am not sure of how to import the database.
  2. Wordpress - Perhaps this is because there is no legitimate database, but when I try to open the site on the new server, it wants me to reinstall Wordpress???

Thank in advance.

Robin

hi Robin,

1. If Wordpress was setup as APS package in Plesk, it must be transferred in full, including databases. If you do not mind, that would be interesting to review your case with Plesk Migration Tools dev team. To investigate what happened we will need you to provide server access for both target and source servers.

Please open a case with Migration Team at http://www.plesk.com/plesk/#migrate (press 'request information' button, then fill out simple form with copy/paste description of the issue from here), then I will send you a link in this newly created case for you to submit server access info. Dev Team will take a look at what went wrong on Monday.

2. If database was not transferred it might be okay for Wordpress to offer to create site anew.

Hi eug,

I went through the standard WP install when I set up WP on the site; I didn't do it through Plesk.

I will try letting WP set up the site anew, but I am unsure of how to transfer the database?

I did request support from the migration team yesterday and haven't heard back yet. Should I submit another ticket?

Nope. I found your ticket so no need to open another one. I am writing response in there now.

> I went through the standard WP install when I set up WP on the site; I didn't do it through Plesk.

That might be the issue - if Plesk knows nothing about these Wordpress sites, it transfer only webspace and not database. In such case you may need to use Wordpress backup/restore. We will giude how to on Monday in the ticket.

Back