• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs WordPress Toolkit - Updating website with different WP_CONTENT_URL shows incorrect warning

Visnet

Basic Pleskian
Username: Visnet

TITLE

WordPress Toolkit - Updating website with different WP_CONTENT_URL shows incorrect warning

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33.0
CentOS 7.9.2009 x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When updating a WordPress website that has the WP_CONTENT_URL constant configured, the update works, but the WordPress Toolkit says that the update failed with an incomplete warning message, for example:
Code:
The following errors have occurred while updating WordPress instance #2 ('https://example.com/admin'): - Unable to update plugin 'wp-sentry-integration`4.0.1`1`', details:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Install the WordPress Toolkit extension.
  2. Install WordPress on a domain.
  3. Configure an alternative content directory by defining the WP_CONTENT_URL configuration constant.
  4. Update WordPress, a theme or a plugin through the WordPress Toolkit > Updates interface.
  5. Notice that the update action throws a warning, but the update(s) actually seem to have succeeded.

ACTUAL RESULT

The update action throws a warning, but the update(s) actually seem to have succeeded.

EXPECTED RESULT

The update(s) on a WordPress installation should only show a warning when something actually went wrong, or this warning message should be improved to clearly show what exactly went wrong.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Note that it's also impossible to Secure the option "Configure security keys" in the WordPress Toolkit when the WP_CONTENT_URL configuration constant is defined. Although this is probably a different issue, its cause might be related.

From developer:

I cannot reproduce the issue because after then I specified the WP_CONTENT_URL constant then my WP is not functioning correctly. So I have added WP_CONTENT_DIR that helped to fix the site. And after that my plugins and themes were updated correctly using WPT.

Back