• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress website "redirected too many times" problem but only homepage url

anshuljha

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, everyone I recently migrated my website from one host to another host (fastpanel to plesk), using updraftplus plugin website migrated successfully but the website homepage URL shows "too many redirects"` the problem is the only homepage url is not working specifically but all my website pages, url, posts, and WordPress dashboard loading correctly.

I am using Cloudflare for dns & ssl, elementor, woocommerce, etc on my website, When I shift my website back to the old IP (host), the website works but in the new host website homepage url is not working.

the website only works when I disable the Cloudflare proxy so that means the problem is coming from the Cloudflare

fix I try:
  1. Changing the site url
  2. Changing Cloudflare ssl mode to full, flexible, and full strict
  3. creating a default .htaccess
    file
  4. I try to open the website in incognito mode and another device
  5. disabling the plugins etc (but nothing working for me)
If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated

the home page url shows:

r/Wordpress - Wordpress website redirected too many times problem but only homepage url
other page url working fine:
r/Wordpress - Wordpress website redirected too many times problem but only homepage url

Please check that in the "hosting settings" of the domain in your subscription account there is no default preference (www/non-www) set. Also make sure that the web server itself does not redirect to SSL (no permanent redirect). If these settings contradict what is set in your Wordpress, the web server and your website are playing ping pong with each other.

I've had that issue before as well and I use Cloudflare. Here's how I have mine set up to work correctly:
  1. In my Hosting Settings I have Preferred Domain set to None, SSL/TLS support enabled and "Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS" disabled, and my Cloudflare CA selected/installed for the certificate
  2. In Cloudflare, I have the SSL/TLS set to Full, Always Use HTTPS turned off, Automatic HTTPS Rewrites enabled
  3. In Cloudflare, under Rules > Page Rules, I have 2 rules set up:
    • Rule 1:
      • URL: *domain.tld/wp-admin*
      • Settings:
        • Cache Level: Bypass
        • Disable Apps
        • Disable Performance
    • Rule 2:
      • URL: http://*.domain.tld/*
      • Settings:
        • Always Use HTTPS
Doing it that way seemed to work for that one site I had the redirect issue. Once you've got the settings in place you got to give it a few minutes (I think I waited like 30 minutes) for the settings to fully take affect and stop the too many redirect.

I have also had this problem after creating new domains.

Restarting nginx in this case seems to do the trick for me but be sure to try the above too

Back