• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Workaround for email issues after upgrade to 8.4.0

sergius

Golden Pleskian
Gentlemen,

Please apply recommended scenario described in the KB5256 to resolve email issues after upgrade to 8.4.0.
Also we don't recommend you to fix issues via tools from the previous Plesk versions.

We will provide regular hotfix and inform you about it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To sergius (Parallels):
Please clarify. In case of an upgrade from Plesk 8.x, should these instructions be followed IN ANY CASE, for every upgrade -- will there always be some email problems? (I am upgrading today (May 14, just downloaded newest auto-installer).

John

To sergius (Parallels):
Please clarify. In case of an upgrade from Plesk 8.x, should these instructions be followed IN ANY CASE, for every upgrade -- will there always be some email problems? (I am upgrading today (May 14, just downloaded newest auto-installer).

John

Hello John,

We recommend to apply workaround after upgrade to 8.4.0 in any case.

Hello joeybutterface,

No, the hotfix will provide bugfixes related to the upgrade. Sorry.
Anyway thank you for the report - the bugfix is scheduled.

Thanks for the note. I'm glad you are working on the issue.

I just hope the bugfix for email redirects will be treated with the urgency it deserves. And we don't have to wait for 8.4.1.

Ah ha... the mail_fix.sh clued me into the problem with shortnames on my server. It seems that the mail manager was trying to modify the courier configuration in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/courier-imap/, when in fact the files were in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/ and the courier-imap subfolder didn't exist. As a temporary solution I just made a symbolic link for the mail manager to use. We're testing now to see if that fixed things for us.

Peace,
Kelly
websitesource.com

qmail authentication not working

- I'm on ubuntu-6.06LTS and upgraded from 8.3 to 8.4.0.
- My Mail Options before the update were
Relaying: authorization is required, SMTP
Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names is allowed

After the update, mail authentication is not working. Here's what the telnet output is like. localhost is in my whitelist (127.0.0.0/8). So - if I remember correctly - previously, it wasn't even necessary to authenticate when connecting from the localhost. Now it says "502 unimplemented". WTF?!

root@avus:~# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 avus.divio.ch ESMTP
auth login
502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

Parallels, I expect to hear a statement of what went wrong on your side ASAP!

COS4 and Dr WEb AV and other upgrade issues

Our sever has run like a dream until this upgrade. I'm running COS4 and the problems related to the upgrade to 8.4 are never ending.

As I see it we still have the following issues:
- redirect of email to Google accounts causes failures
- Dr Web A/V generates massive volume of system error messages (over 6000 in one hour) have disabled Dr. Web on all accounts and stopped the service (temp fix)
- Spamassassin is running, but does not appear to be deleting spam and service keeps stopping
- domain keys inbound - causes authentication problems
- IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP) service keeps stopping

Have rebuilt all mailboxes, all user names are long, we've never allowed short names.
Next, I think Dr.Web is to be uninstalled and clamav will replace.

This same issue happened with the upgrade at about v7 - that was in the end to do with Spamassassin/Dr Web, this seems very similar.

If you wish to see the email forward/redirection bug fixed, I suggest you send a private message to Sergius with the information he requests in this thread:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=52681

The more people that participate in collating evidence of the inability to forward emails to externally hosted domains and accounts, the quicker we can get this fixed (I hope!)

The script gave me errors on runnung on Plesk Control Panel version psa v8.4.0_build84080515.15 os_Ubuntu 6.06 Operating system Linux 2.6.9-023stab044.4-enterprise :

root@lvps:~# chmod +x mailfix
root@lvps~# ./mailfix
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
System error 2: No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa' attributes : No such file or directory
mailmng: ERROR: Unable to save file '/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa' attributes : No such file or directory

Also since 8.04 samba will not start

Gentlemen,<br>
<br>
Please apply recommended scenario described in the <a href="http://kb.odin.com/en/5256" target="_blank"><b>KB5256</b></a> to resolve email issues after upgrade to 8.4.0.<br>
Also we don't recommend you to fix issues via tools from the previous Plesk versions.<br>
<br>
We will provide regular hotfix and inform you about it as soon as possible.<br>
<br>

When i try to open the lik http://kb.odin.com/en/5256 I get:
Access is denied.

That probably is not the sugested fix. Now should I send Segius a PM?
If you wish to see the email forward/redirection bug fixed, I suggest you send a private message to Sergius with the information he requests in this thread:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=52681

The more people that participate in collating evidence of the inability to forward emails to externally hosted domains and accounts, the quicker we can get this fixed (I hope!)

No, that was the correct link. For some reason they pulled the article. Feel free to PM Sergius, but don't have too much hope for that route. Looks like you are in the same boat as the rest of us waiting for the next release that is suppose to fix these issues.

Then don't you think that you should have updated the KB to reflect that rather than just pull the link? Also, when is 8.4.1 going to be out?

The KB article is updated.

Well, there are a lot more articles out there now. Funny, but I don't see ANYTHING about the DomainKeys issue.

The next Plesk release is delyed for the end of July.

Are you folks deliberately trying to piss off your customers? Why is this delayed? Why does it take two and a half months to fix DomainKeys? I'd rather you just rip it out if it is going to take that long. This is not an acceptable time-frame. Inconvenience? I'm still getting rejected mail on my server.

This is Plesk SOP : Standard Operating Procedure.

If it breaks, maybe fix it in a couple of weeks / months

Back