• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question WP Guardian Single Site

Patrick Dankers

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62 Update #1
Hi guys,

Yesterday I activated the single site version of Vulnerability Protection for one of my domains to see what merit it offers.,
But where/how can I tell if it s doing anything at all?

On the WP Guardian website they seem to have an interface but can we access something similiar or?

If this works out I might look into using it more.

When a vulnerability has been mitigated by the Vulnerability Protection it gets labeled with the "Addressed by Vulnerability Protection" label in the vulnerability list.

1.png

We're actually working on integrating some statistics about how many vulnerabilities a Wordpress site has been protected against. This will be released in a future version on which I have no ETA yet.

Hi Kaspar :)

First of, thanks for the reply much appreciated.
Also good to hear that something of an overview is coming ... somewhere down the line. (I get giving an ETA is hard)

But Effective WordPress Security for Hosting - WPGuardian is noting a full on dashboard in the promotional material.
So If I did buy it through them directly would I have gotten that?

As the service should in general be the same protection regardless of where I decide to purchase it, is there any form of that access?
I mean, you can imagine only seeing the label ... while good for sure, dont get me wrong, ... is a bit of difference in user experience,

Love to hear back from you :)

But Effective WordPress Security for Hosting - WPGuardian is noting a full on dashboard in the promotional material.
So If I did buy it through them directly would I have gotten that?
WPGuardian.io is a separate (stand alone) service. It contains many of the features also present in the WP Toolkit for free (checking outdated plugins and themes, checking and listing vulnerabilities). The WPGuardian addon for the WP Toolkit adds Vulnerability Protection, Smart Updates and Smart PHP Updates (the later two are not available on WPGuardian.io).

As the service should in general be the same protection regardless of where I decide to purchase it, is there any form of that access?
I mean, you can imagine only seeing the label ... while good for sure, dont get me wrong, ... is a bit of difference in user experience,
I am not sure If understand your question. Where do you want access to?

Ok let me try and make it clear from an enduser viewpoint;

Yes what you note is true, the add on adds; Vulnerability Protection, Smart Updates and Smart PHP Updates.

But not for my situation as I am using the single license version add-on.
Single-site WP Guardian addon does not include other Deluxe features like Smart Updates or Smart PHP Updates (as per Plesk changelog)
So at that point we get; Vulnerability Protection, which leads back to my original, how can I tell if it is doing anything at all , and your followup.

WPGuardian.io; seems to offer a dashboard which actually shows what is going on. They also offer the single site version.
(I say they but both Plesk and WPGuardian are of course part ov WebPros)

As you noted; The add-on does not have that, with no ETA on when that is coming. Which I totally can understand.

If I bought it from WP Guardian it would use a similair (if not same) plugin to connect the site.
It would also cost the same for a single license.
I assume it would then grant me that dashboard shown in the promo material. Having that seems more clear then an "its enabled element" by itself.

In short it feels like I bought something directly from the Plesk panel, which I cant really gauge is doing something (or going to do something) for me over time.
Please dont take this all the wrong way, but if that is the case, well time to cancel the addon and get it through WPGuardian directly.

Look forward to hearing back, and no harm but the situation is a bit unclear on what offers what and does what.

Ok small update from my end, tried the trial of WPGuardian.io which results in this;

---------------------------------------
ERROR: You are trying to connect a server with Plesk (installed in /usr/local/psa) to WP Guardian. WordPress sites hosted on Plesk servers are already protected by WP Toolkit, so WP Guardian does not support such servers at the moment.

To address the issues with the installation process of WP Guardian agent, we'd
like you to share the installation log located at '/root/wp-agent-install.log'
with WP Guardian team.
---------------------------------------

Also discussed with that end as to how/what.

And in short, WPGuardian cant yet connect to Plesk servers.
WPGuardian has the dash I would like, but there is no connection for that yet.
WP Toolkit will eventually see that sort of stuff, but for now it is ... you enable it... and well you get no further details yet.

So Kaspar no harm but I hoped it was already more mature then it is at the current phase.
Will keep it to the one single site for now to see how it evolves over time.\

Thanks again!

Back