• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WP Toolkit admin email won't update

Harun

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Obsidian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.52 Update #3
WP Toolkit on Plesk is still sending emails to an old admin address. This is after updating the admin email in Plesk. The email subject is Site vulnerabilities found and it's sent from the correct admin email, to the old admin email.

I'm considering removing and re-installing WP Toolkit. Any other ideas?

Could it be that Wordpress is sending messages to an email address known to Wordpress, e.g. the one that is entered for the admin that is known to the toolkit? Just a thought, not tested.

Could it be that Wordpress is sending messages to an email address known to Wordpress, e.g. the one that is entered for the admin that is known to the toolkit? Just a thought, not tested.
To clarify, this is the WP Toolkit extension installed in Plesk, not Wordpress that is sending the email. The email pertains to all WP sites on the server, not a particular install. All admin email addresses have been updated in Plesk, as well as all WP installs, afaik. Somewhere however, the old admin email is stored somewhere.

My current knowledge state is that notifications are sent to what is configured in Tools & Settings > Notifications (control panel path /admin/notifications/email-settings). Could you please check if you might have a specific notification address set in any of the Wordpress entries (right-most column)? This is about how it looks (with different notification levels checked):

1684522322200.png

Thanks, I checked and it's blank in the right column. If I put specific addresses in there it will either override or cc that. I'm looking into it.

The WP Toolkit stores the admin email addresses in an SQLite database:

Code:
# sqlite3 /usr/local/psa/var/modules/wp-toolkit/wp-toolkit.sqlite3

sqlite> select name, value from InstanceProperties where value='[email protected]';
name         value
-----------  ----------------------------
admin_email  [email protected]

But I'm unsure if this email address is used for the notifications.

The WP Toolkit stores the admin email addresses in an SQLite database:

Code:
# sqlite3 /usr/local/psa/var/modules/wp-toolkit/wp-toolkit.sqlite3

sqlite> select name, value from InstanceProperties where value='[email protected]';
name         value
-----------  ----------------------------
admin_email  [email protected]

But I'm unsure if this email address is used for the notifications.
I did this:
sqlite> select name, value from InstanceProperties where name='admin_email';

it returned 4 values (I only have 3 WP sites) but they were all current. No sign of the old email. A search for value='[oldemail]' also returned nothing

Could it be the email address from the customer's contact info?

In Plesk:
Customers -> select customer -> "Edit Contact info"

So, I solved it!
Plesk Home>Tools & Settings>Security> Additional Administrator Accounts
This was only visible when logged in as root

Under here was an additional account that had the old email address!

Back