• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question WP Toolkit Clone

Garcia65

New Pleskian
When I clone a site to a subdomain, when I go to open the subdomain they all have recently started putting www.subdomain.domain.com. In the past, it would just be subdomain.domain.com. I cannot figure it out, it happens when I create the subdomain manually and try to clone it as well. Please advise on what I am doing wrong, I have cloned many sites with no issue this just started last week.

Hello! Looks like on your domain configured "Preferred domain" settings: turned on SEO-safe www redirection. Could you please check "Websites&Domains / Hosting Settings / Preferred domain"?

@Aleksey Filatev you are correct. However I have always had this setting one for other domains and they cloned just fine. I was just wondering if this was now a change that I must turn it off before cloning a site as I had never had to do it in the past.

Preferred domain settings should be taked into account while cloning, so if you clone WordPress into domain with enbled www redirection, URLs of you clone should starts with www prefix (both 'siteurl' and 'home' options). Could you please check 'options' table in the database of you clone?

Back