• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WPB ... can we have SWF ability?

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
Another suggestion...
Plesk needs to be current with times.
The Web Presence Builder needs to be able to handle, or rather import for it's header a .swf file... or animaged .gif

I've been banging my head trying to figure out how to replace the boring static canned headers with something of this time, a nice moving animaged .swf. We need, as admin, sysops, and users of Plesk to be able to keep up with the times. For a CMS not to have the ability to add these normal, now day features, puts us behind the times...

If someone has a way to add a .swf in place of the canned headers please let me know. Otherwise, I really would like for Parallels to consider this one of the most important features to add as it will hit the customer directly. I continiously get calls and tickets asking me why they (the customers) cannot import or add as a script to replace the header a .swf file, or even a simple animaged .gif...

Thanks!
... and everyone, if you like this idea speak up. the squeaky wheel gets the engineers thinking...

Hi Dave,

We hear you -- and we're planning to add the ability to insert SFW files in the next big update. Note that you can insert animated gifs in header even now. Let us know if you have more requests.

SWF in Plesk 10.4.4... WPB

Hi Dave,

We hear you -- and we're planning to add the ability to insert SFW files in the next big update. Note that you can insert animated gifs in header even now. Let us know if you have more requests.

Custer,
I've converted .swf files to animated gif files but noticed that WPB 10.4.4 does not like them very much.
For example, if the navigation menu is above the header, which is an animated .gif file, the drop down menus
do not show. I had to have customers redesign their sites and place the navigation menu below the header, an animated .gif file, for it to be able to show the sub-menus of the navigation tabs.

Another suggestion for WPB... more than one navigation. It seems that WPB can only place a navigation bar within the body, horizontal. I have customers that want two or more navigation menus, across the top, on the left/right, which as you know is common. To have only one limits the site. A suggestion... Under the Pages Module, make it virtual just as the other drag-and-drop menus. Let users 'drag' the pages module to a location, place horizonal/vertical, and then within that module, let the routines for creating the pages/placement/organization(main/sub/sub-sub/etc)... To have the Pages Module be dynamic would be fantastic! Make it so Custer! Please tell R&D/engineering...

Hi Dave,

1. Flash support will be available in WPB 11.1.
2. I've checked how animated gifs work with drop down menus in WPB 11.0.10 -- they work quite fine, so I suggest you to upgrade to WPB 11.0.10 and let me know if your problem still exists.
3. You can add an unlimited amount of Navigation modules to wherever you want on your website and customize every single one. Just drag another Navigation module from Modules menu to any part of your website.

Let me know if you have more suggestions or issues. Thanks!

Back