• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wrong Let's Encrypt Certificate for alias subdomain

Roberto84.c

New Pleskian
Hi all. I am having an annoying problem in assigning the Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for an alias domain. I have several subdomains and with web hosting it works perfectly (and alias too). This is the scenario:

mydomain.tld / www.mydomain.tld / another.mydomain.tld
(they work, every certificate belongs to their respective subdomains, no wrong certificate alerts in web browser)
When I create the alias name "cdn.mydomain.tld", the assigned certificate to this one belongs to "another.mydomain.tld" .... I can't understand why and obviously I get a browser alert. I tried to test an alias by creating "cdn2.mydomain.tld" and the certificate is assigned correctly..... o_O what's wrong ?

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.38_build1800211001.19
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

Thank you.

Hi all. I am having an annoying problem in assigning the Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for an alias domain. I have several subdomains and with web hosting it works perfectly (and alias too). This is the scenario:

mydomain.tld / www.mydomain.tld / another.mydomain.tld
(they work, every certificate belongs to their respective subdomains, no wrong certificate alerts in web browser)
When I create the alias name "cdn.mydomain.tld", the assigned certificate to this one belongs to "another.mydomain.tld" .... I can't understand why and obviously I get a browser alert. I tried to test an alias by creating "cdn2.mydomain.tld" and the certificate is assigned correctly..... o_O what's wrong ?

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.38_build1800211001.19
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

Thank you.
Everything happened when I added the subdomain "another.mydomain.tld" a couple of days ago. In first level domain, I check the "protect alias subdomain", but the certificate assigned to "cdn.mydomain.com" , still the same from "another.mydomain.tld" .
Is there a way to change manually the SSL certificate for the alias "cdn.mydomain.tld" ?
I use Wildcard Let's Encrypt certificate (*.mydomain.tld)

Thanks.

Back