• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wrong php version during Drupal 9.X-Installation

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
Environment: Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS and Plesk Obsidian
Result of Drupal update check:
update-status.JPG

I am trying to install the latest version of Drupal (currently 9.0.0-rc1) using "composer update" in the BASH but I am getting the following error:

drupal/core-composer-scaffold 9.0.0-rc1 requires php >=7.3.0 -> your PHP version (7.2.24) does not satisfy that requirement.

The required php-version for Drupal 9.X has now been increased to php 7.3 at minimum. The php-version 7.4.6 is provided by Plesk but obviously not recognized during the installation. I am already running the BASH with php 7.4.6 The command "php -v" shows:
  • PHP 7.4.6 (cli) (built: May 14 2020 10:43:04) ( NTS )
  • Copyright (c) The PHP Group
  • Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
  • with Zend OPcache v7.4.6, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies
The composer ist also configured to use php 7.4.6 The belonging web site is also running php 7.4.6 as selected in the Plesk configuration.

The path to the php variant used (7.4) is entered in the environment file: etc / environment.

I tested the upgrade process also changing all cases mentioned above to php 7.3.18 - same result.

Is there any proposal how to get the actual php-Version (either 7.3 or 7.4) recognized by the DRUPAL upgrading process?

Last edited:
Are you running the composer over the correct PHP version?
Code:
/opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/composer.phar [options] [arguments]

I am using a separate installation of composer 2.X and php 8.0 - this works in my case without problems. Unfortunately php 8.1 does not work with drupal 9.3X - to many deprecated code in various modules and core, yet.

I managed to work around this.

1. Run composer on the shell (using the default php version [here it's 7.0])
2. Open Plesk's WebUI - go to the composer page and hit the buttons "Update" and/or "Install".
3. Composer successfully prepared Drupal 9.3 and I was able to start the Installation wizard by opening https://mywebsite.online

Back