• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

www CNAME DNS entries missing in migrations. How to correct it and prevent from happening again

Miguel_Tellería

Basic Pleskian
[Plesk 12.0.1 #57 on CentOS 6.6 in both origin and destination machines

Dear all,

After a mass migration of ~100 subscriptions I see that many of them lack the www CNAME in their DNS zone.

Browsing the /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/<logdate>/deploy.log I see a line that differs in the domains with and without www.

For domains WITH www CNAME the following line has the -www parameter to true.

INFO: Request is ready for: PLESK_RESTORE_MODE=1 PLESK_DISABLE_PROVISIONING= LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ALLOW_WEAK_PASSWORDS= /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain_pref.php '--update' 'domain_with_www.com' '-no_usr' 'reject' '-webmail' 'roundcube' '-main_site_only' 'true' '-keep_traf_stat' '13' '-www' 'true' '-ignore-nonexistent-options'

For domains WITHOUT www CNAME the following line has the -www paremeter to false.

INFO: Request is ready for: PLESK_RESTORE_MODE=1 PLESK_DISABLE_PROVISIONING= LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ALLOW_WEAK_PASSWORDS= /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain_pref.php '--update' 'domain_without_www.com' '-no_usr' 'reject' '-webmail' 'roundcube' '-main_site_only' 'true' '-keep_traf_stat' '13' '-www' 'false' '-ignore-nonexistent-options'

The thing is that in the latest case, the www CNAME was also present in the zone in the original server (file /var/named/chroot/var/<zone>). So I conclude in those cases Plesk considered the www as a "manual addition" and did not propagate it to the destination.

Regarding all this, I would like to ask the following questions

- What is the best way to correct this (and the fix persistent for future migrations?. I am asking for CLI command that would set the www value as true and regenerate the DNS CNAME record.

- is there a way (CLI or database query) to find this change beforehand, so that it can be fixed on the source before the migration?

Regards,

Miguel Telleria

Back