• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Zip command with password not running

Ayki

Basic Pleskian
Zip command is not working when used from the task scehedular. Althougt the same line of code runs as expected from ssh terminal. Does anyone have a work around please?
Zip -j -R password /zipFolder /files

How does it not work when you run it as a scheduled task? Do you get an error?

Too me it only looks like the -P flag is missing from your command for setting for setting a password. Other than that it should work. If it doesn't you might want to check the user you use to run the scheduled task.

Thanks for your reply. Yes -P flag needed. Further investiging this I realised the file naming convention was creating this error. I have daily automated reports dumped into a folder. The zip command set to find and zip the files for the actual day repeating daily.
Once this issue is fixed ( files to be zip correctly identified) the problem gone away all seems to be working.
And yes user permissions are set correctly.
Many thanks again

Back