• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.3.1 MU#4 - qmail: Can't send emails using apple client (mac/iPhone)

On Debian Systems it´s not /usr/local/psa but /opt/psa. I tried

/opt/psa/admin/bin/pci_compliance_resolver --disable courier

it did not made anything better.

There is no option -- disable qmail. Error message is: "Unsupported service: qmail"

Regards,
Holger

I have the same issue on all 8 of my Centos boxes, after upgrade to Plesk 10.3.1. It does seem to be related to Plain text authentication, though the compliance resolver didn't help.

The Parallels MU's haven't fixed the problem.

My workaround (until I've had time to investigate and fix properly) was to roll back to courier-imap from Plesk 10.3.0:

1. cd /root/parallels/PSA_10.3.0/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/opt/maildrivers/

2. rpm -Uvh psa-courier-imap-3.0.8-cos56.build.........x86_64.rpm --force

Quick restart of courier-imap to make sure it's running:

/etc/init.d/courier-imap restart

Versions and paths will differ if not using Centos.

The 10.3.1 upgrade also broke some of my mail, so had to use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

If anyone has a real fix, would be much appreciated? I'll post here if I find one.

Oh, and I think you'd need to enable, not disable with the pci_compliance_resolver. Might help.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pci_compliance_resolver --enable courier

Initial problem with Apple mail clients has been completely fixed by Plesk Microupdates. We have checked and found that it is not reproduced on Plesk with latest MU#8
Check version of microupdate that you have with something like:
# cat .autoinstaller/microupdates.xml | grep 'patch version'
<patch version="8" timestamp="" installed-at="20110708T102139" />

I have MU#8 installed, it didn't fix the problem.

Initially, I couldn't log in to webmail (plain text authentication error) or to any mailbox using Oulook, apple devices etc etc. using PCI Compliance resolver, I could gain access via webmail, but not imap/pop3.

I installed the microupdates, which then broke postfix.

I've rolled back and everything works fine again.

Good morning everyone!

I am facing the same Problem on Debian 5.0.9 with psa v10.3.1_build1012110812.15 os_Debian 5.0.

Since I did update the system last night, nobody can log in to IMAP/POP3 etc. I made sure, recectplain is not in /qmail/control and also added imap-courier in the pci complience resolver.

I tried to force installation of 10.3.0 maildriver version but this failed with dpkg (Error message (free translated from German): Error while processing of o (--install). Could not access archive: File or folder not found). Any advise for this?

UPDATE (while writing this posting):

My last try was KB112430 (http://kb.odin.com/en/112430). This did the trick for IMAP and POP3! I leave the errors I have encountered in here, so perhaps this helps the next one ;)

Best regards,
Henning

Where is kb article 112430??

I have just upgraded to the stable version of 10.3.1 Now I can't send emails through the mail clients. I am using apple client with Qmail so I presume I have the same problem as the previous poster. But the kb article has gone... Not happy. Can anyone tell me what to do? Not sure if I should just upgrade to 10.4.4 - will that fix it?

Good afternoon / as I have a problem with the server to see if I can help please.

I have a dedicated CentOS Linux server for two months or so I have clients who complain that I do not get your emails to certain people, bone ta sent to 100 people 10 of them did not arrive.

I called the provider of those 10 people and no IP blocks and I have looked everywhere and nothing.

The emails they send my clients are queued pending server and 7 days out came the failure as if the mail has not reached its destination with the following:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at server-server1.com.
I'm afraid I Was Able to Deliver your message to the Following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've Given Up. Sorry it did not work out.
This is another mistake

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at s15331003.onlinehome-server.info.
I'm afraid I Was Able to Deliver your message to the Following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've Given Up. Sorry it did not work out.
permanentfail handlers
Received: (qmail 29190 invoked by uid 502), 5 Jan 2012 16:54:34 +0100
Received: from xx.xx.xx.xx ([xx.xx.xx.xx]) by
webmail.xxxxxxxx.com (Horde Framework) with HTTP; Thu, 05 Jan
2012 16:54:34 +0100

The recipient email addresses are correct as well come from Gmail.

Someone could help me out please?

Thanks a greeting.

Back