• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4.4 Update #13 - issue

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

This is just a fyi on the auto update that ran for me on Jan 20th.
Centos 5.7 64bit
php 5.2.x
mysql 5.x

Checking up on customer complaints I found many domains loading default plesk pages. After generating a support ticket I tried various options including what was recommended by support, where I was told I had modified some DNS records that did not update and I should run.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update <domain>
usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domain>

Unfortunately it did not correct the problem. What I found was the default hosting ip address for a domain had changed and its dns was updated by adding new records. However, I made no changes to any dns records prior to the failure. In the end, since I have less than 120 domains on the server, I just went through each one individually with my browser testing who fails. Looking at the DNS on failed I see original zone records and new ones. I changed the hosting ip back to what it was and removed the new zone records and the domain instantly resolved.

I probably could have just removed a set of zone records and dnsmng and httpdmng the domain, but this worked.

Also, I started to get quota rejections on email as new limits of 500mb were suddenly enforced on some domains with mailboxes larger than 1GB. It would appear the hosting service changed?

My worry now is with the minor updates. I requested clarification on how this could happen and I was told minor updates would not cause this problem. Do most people have this option enabled, or disabled?

Regards,

Could you please provide me support ticket ID? I will check it.

Sure, #1307088 Everything is working fine although I must admit some apprehension in regards to the next MU.

My worry now is with the minor updates. I requested clarification on how this could happen and I was told minor updates would not cause this problem. Do most people have this option enabled, or disabled?

Regards,

I have minor updates enabled, because we got a pre-installed VM with Plesk...
Another VM is still on 10.2 and that one seems to be running much better.

This same micro-update (#13) wrote a new /etc/postfix/master.cf and, because it had port 587 enabled, created a conflict with another daemon using that port.

Someone drank too much wodka?

Back