• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4 Nothing but problems

W

Will Wilson

Ok so I upgraded from 10.3.2 to 10.4.4 and since then I have had nothing but problems.

Sub domains don't work. I have had to manually remove sub domains from the DB and recreate vhost files as Plesk just spazzes out and doesn't know what it is doing.

DNS is completely messed up some zones don't work, sub domain zones are empty.

How can you release an update that contains so many issues? It has taken me in excess of 10 hours to get my server into some kind of working state all thanks to Plesk.

There's a reason that more people opt for WHM/CPanel based servers these days, Plesk has been getting worse with each update.

Zero support! Thanks!

There are a lot of users who using Plesk, primarily it's a good suite were you'll find all of the best.

Parallels sets a mistake by the release of version 10.4, these are too early for production. The developers having since than working hard to solve all of this problems.
I guess that the updates and fixes will comes very quickly into the next few weeks.

The version 10.3.1 are still the best stable version for this time. You don't have to upgrade to use Plesk 10 itself. Usually the latest version having more bugs than the version before. That's very common into the IT world.
Do not think that the people who builds Plesk are not capable to handle all of the problems. There are a lot of explanations why the software will not work correctly. When Plesk 10.4 works more at 8 Linux distro's and Windows Servers. Than you have a mix of problems too if you change 1 thing into the software. The new and existing software gets also more complex by the time when the developers implementing new functions and features.

I have also experienced some huge errors too and post this issues to this forum to notice the developers. Do not think that all of the software are bug-free, there are always bugs into software that needs to be solved after some one have found the problem. For some problems that you'll discover can you find new solutions by this forum and you should take your advantage for this.

I hope that you will not be disappointed by this upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back