• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4. -> Subdomains Fail

me too..

I can also confirm that ...
no backup task overnight => subdomains are still there and activated !
so it's definitely an issue with the 'domain being suspended during backup'....
it's now up to the dev team to solve it !

erwin

@IgorG

Bingo: After the nightly backup the subdomains of one account arent disabled anymore.

I have only disabled the option: Suspend domain until backup task is completed

A workaround to activate the deactivated subdomains:

You need access to the database on MySQL level (through phpMyAdmin, command-line or other tool):

In the psa database, you must run this SQL:
Code:
UPDATE psa.domains SET  status =  '0' WHERE  domains.name = '<FQDN-of-your-sub-domain>';

Then you should be able to "Suspend" the subdomain via Plesk Admin Panel and then "Activate" the subdomain again. This will force Plesk to rewrite configuration and re-enable your deactivated subdomain.

Ie. you wanna reactivate : mydeactivated.domain.com

The SQL would be:
UPDATE psa.domains SET status = '0' WHERE domains.name = 'mydeactivated.domain.com';

That worked here - and is a more "easy" workaround than recreate the subdomains via copying.

I even thing that a batch update in the database is possible if you dont have any other normal suspended subdomains:

Code:
UPDATE psa.domains SET status = '0' WHERE domains.status = 2;

But not sure - I dont have any other suspended subdomains than the ones suspended by this bug.

Kind regards,
Geert Lund,
www.GLD.dk

Thanks a lot GeertL... you saved me hours of pain with this solution and allowed me to put dozens of subdomains online within a few seconds.
UPDATE psa.domains SET status = '0' WHERE status != 0
Then a global "suspend" / "activate" in Plesk.
I've also unchecked the "suspend domains" in the backup manager... now I'll see if they are still online tomorrow.
Thanks again ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another issue that suspended a subscription with 15-16 domains for me.

I have a number of accounts (domains) owned by the administrator, I am only hosting a small number of customers that we do development for. They are all in one subscription.

Every night at 6:41 the subscription was suspended ( last 3-4 days until I found a possible solution today ).

The domains was all in a plan called "unlimited", that plan is not present in business manager.

Every night a business manager related psa script must check for plans and it seem to suspend plans not present in business manager as well as any other operations it was designed to.

Solution was to add the Unlimited plan to business manager, set it up, it does not need much and I just set pricing to a dollar to get the plan valid.

I will have to wait until tomorrow to see whether it will work...

If you have many domains under one subscription you should try to activate the subscription, not each domain, that was how I got the sites active last 2 days, the first day the problem occured I changed back to an earlier vhost configuration file and restarted apache.

Big problems with inactive subdomain

BS: Linux 2.6.32-37-server
Panel: Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_Ubuntu 10.04

Today some subdomains are inactive without changing anything. Yesterday everything was working fine. I tried to solve that problem without success.

So I tried to delete one subdomain, which is inactive. But that subdomain is still there. When I click on that subdomain in plesk panel (to setup that subdomain), the following error is shown:

Message is out of webspace
File Webspace.php
Line 342
Type PleskFatalException

This is a big problem. I need that subdomain!!! :(

Any update on this item [is there a patch or the only working solution is to disable suspend backup ?

I am still facing this [May 2012]. The only solution that is working is to use the SQL console to change the status of the domain.

It seems that when I deactivate a domain, I am not able to activate it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back