• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.5.3 Multi-PHP Error when registering PHP handler. (PHP 5.5.4 from source)

DanielMT

New Pleskian
Hello.

I'm using Plesk 11.5.3 on CentOS 6.4 with Apache 2.2.15, MySQL 5.5.30 and a default PHP 5.4.13 installation (A Media Temple DV Managed server). I'm trying to install a side-installation of PHP 5.5.4 (from source). I'm able to configure PHP and make the installation fine, but I am receiving an error when registering the handler with the following command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 5.5.4 -path /usr/local/php-5.5.4/bin/ -phpini /etc -type fastcgi -id 5.5.4-custom

Here is the error I receive:

2013-10-14T02:57:48-07:00 ERR (3) [util_exec]: proc_close() failed
Unable to register the PHP handler: can not get version from /usr/local/php-5.5.4/bin/

Steps I took:

Gunzip/Untar PHP 5.5.4 directly from php.net

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php-5.5.4 \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--with-config-file-path=/etc \
--disable-ipv6 \
--with-openssl \
--with-kerberos \
--with-zlib \
--enable-bcmath \
--enable-calendar \
--enable-exif \
--enable-ftp \
--with-openssl-dir=/usr \
--with-t1lib \
--with-gettext \
--enable-mbstring \
--with-mysql \
--with-mysqli=mysqlnd \
--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysql \
--with-pdo-mysql \
--without-pdo-sqlite \
--enable-sockets \
--with-iconv

make

make test

make install

cp php.ini-development /usr/local/lib/php.ini

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 5.5.4 -path /usr/local/php-5.5.4/bin/ -phpini /etc -type fastcgi -id 5.5.4-custom

Any ideas? http://kb.parallels.com/en/117768 does not help as php -v yields the version of the default installation. Thanks!

IIRC, -path should point to the binary, not the directory it is located in. -phpini as well.

I am an idiot. That is indeed the path to PHP-CGI, but I did not include "php-cgi" at the end:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 5.5.4 -path /usr/local/php-5.5.4/bin/php-cgi -phpini /usr/local/lib/php.ini -type fastcgi -id 5.5.4-custom
The new PHP handler with the id "5.5.4-custom" was successfully registered.

Thanks, Nikolay :)

Back