• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.5 Upgrade components errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS version indicators in package release version strings (cos6, rhel6) of installed packages vs. update candidates (from autoinstaller3.log). Versions of the packages you have updates for at download site for RedHat el6 x64 (older; likely installed) and CentOS 6 x64 (newer).

Also I suggest checking your Yum repositories configuration for anomalies. Normally you shouldn't have repos pointing to autoinstall.plesk.com unless Autoinstaller is running.

Thanks you.

So in your view, are my problems caused by the supplier of my server+OS+PLESK, installing the wrong version of PLESK for the version of the operating system that they have installed?

I don't know. It's technically possible, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions before the culprit of such behavior is uncovered.

Thank you.

So you know that this is a Centos 6.5 machine. If I told you that the installation log says that the original install was performed with the following switches, what would you say then?

Code:
/root/parallels_installer --source-type network --source http://mirrors.service.networklayer.com/parallels/ --target /tmp/plesk --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_11_
5_30 --override-os-vendor RedHat --override-os-version el6 --installation-type Full

Later, the installation log says:

Code:
The SelectBestBuild function has selected the build PSA_11.5.30/plesk-11.5.30-rhel6-x86_64.inf3 for installation.

I'd say the one who installed Plesk screwed up. They desperately need to fix their "instruction manual" for Plesk installation. Apart from overriding OS, which lead to the problems you face, --source-type option is obsolete and has no effect for several years now.

If for some reason you don't want to reinstall the server, it is possible to force the same switches to be applied every time using .autoinstallerrc file (using OVERRIDE_OS_VENDOR and OVERRIDE_OS_VERSION keys). CentOS and RedHat builds are functionally equivalent, so this shouldn't cause problems in the near future. Not sure about potential future issues though.

This is great feedback thank you.

So my host are listening now and will provide a new same spec server with a correct PLESK install. I can then migrate to this server, make DNS changes and trash the old.

Can you advise what PLESK install switches they should be using please?

Sure. Get rid of --override-* and --source-type options. So that command line looks like:

# /root/parallels_installer --source http://mirrors.service.networklayer.com/parallels/ --target /tmp/plesk --select-product-id plesk --select-release-id PLESK_11_5_30 --installation-type Full

Once more:

1) --source-type option is obsolete and has no effect nowadays. Proper installation type is automatically detected from --source option value.
2) --override-* options should ONLY be used during manual installation when installer detects OS incorrectly (which rarely happens).

If specified mirror source isn't up-to-date or doesn't have a build for current OS (CentOS 6 x64 in your case), the --source options can always be skipped to use official Parallels download site. If mirror isn't up-to-date latest updates can be installed from official download site with a handy shortcut command (usable in Plesk 11.5 and higher, similar action may be performed via calling Autoinstaller directly in previous versions) right after installation is completed:

# plesk installer install-all-updates

The installer itself (/root/parallels_installer in this case) for the installation can be downloaded from http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer (for all supported Linux distributions, see http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/installer/ for details).

This topic can be closed. Working with my hosting company (who have themselves worked with Parallels support because the PLESK license is theirs, not mine), this has been diagnosed as being caused by the reasons identified by Nikolay. A server rebuild has fixed the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back