• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.5 Upgrade components errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRY411S

Basic Pleskian
Let me just start by saying I am an experienced PLESK user since 2006, and have just provisioned a new server with 11.5. I intend to migrate domains from the old PLESK 8.6 server to the new one.

So I have a brand new PLESK 11.5 install built by softlayer on a dedicated server. softlayer are the licensee I guess? I have raised support tickets with them about this, but they cannot help.

I login to the PLESK Panel, check everything out, don't add resellers, customers, subscriptions, domains, .... No changes.

The Panel says that there are 3 components to be updated. When I try to update, there is an error log and the update fails.

At the root command line, I remove Customer & Business Manager using the Knowledgebase article, and I add the atomicorp repository (because I want newer PHP/MySQL and php-fpm)
I run yum update to get newer PHP/MySQL from atomicorp

Then I try the autoinstaller, and I get the same errors. The following are the Extracts (i.e. not every line) from the install screens...

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: SSO start-up script has wrong execution priority. Please, check http://kb.parallels.com/en/112666 for more details.

Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues
that were found can corrupt your data.

Do you want to continue?

There are 0 packages required for the product to function properly, which
were not found in your system.

There are 3 packages that need to be upgraded
in order to install the product.

1. [U] mod_cloudflare-1.1.2-3b6a430.13061813.x86_64
  2. [U] psa-libxml-proxy-2.7.8-13032215.x86_64
  3. [U] w3c-libwww-5.4.0-13062619.x86_64

Installing packages
Changing shell for popuser.
Shell not changed.
Changing shell for mhandlers-user.
Shell not changed.
psa is stopped
Stopping psa... done
-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.

===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade has been started.
===> Upgrade of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * atomic: www5.atomicorp.com
Package mod_cloudflare-1.1.2-3b6a430.13061812.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package psa-libxml-proxy-2.7.8-13012810.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package w3c-libwww-5.4.0-13062618.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Running rpm_check_debug
Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum.
Exception: Scriptlet or other non-fatal errors occurred during transaction.

ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

psa service is stopped at this point, so I restart it, logon to the Panel and confirm that it is operable, nothing is broken. There is a warning message about a failed upgrade though, on the main Admin screen.

MY CONCLUSION The installer (in PLESK GUI and autoinstaller) thinks that there are 3 packages to update, but then when it tries to update them, says they are up to date. So I am forever going to have PLESK trying and failing to update (if I leave auto update switched on)

Note also that there are no microupdates installed either.

Code:
cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
    <product id="plesk" version="11.5.30" installed-at="20140219T171816" />
</patches>

(Inside PLESK, I am a 'General release' update subscriber, not early/late adopter.)

Please help me fix this.

(When I try to install php-fpm in the PLESk Panel, I also get yum errors. Do you need those too?)

Try to run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Thank you, that has really helped.

That has moved the Panel (according to GU) to

Panel version 11.5.30 Update #33, last updated at Feb 21, 2014 03:59 AM

Now the upgrade panel says that everything is up to date.

Now, when I try and install php-fpm, I get errors. I have attached the error log.

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 4
I had already run the wget.

Code:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component phpfpm

BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

Last edited:
Use something like:

ps aux | grep install
kill ProcessID

Getting 404s from the atomicorp repository and all mirros. Example

Code:
http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_11.5.30/dist-rpm-CentOS-6-x86_64/opt/hosting/fpm/psa-phpfpm-configurator-1.0.0-rhel6.build115131211.12.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

I have also just realised that while the command line switches you gave me earlier up this topic have got all the microupdates, the Panel still thinks that it is not up to date with

1. mod_cloudflare-1.1.2-3b6a430.13061813.x86_64
2. psa-libxml-proxy-2.7.8-13032215.x86_64
3. w3c-libwww-5.4.0-13062619.x86_64

But the PLESK updater cannot find any higher versions.

On the atomicorp forums, I am told that the php-fm failed install is due to PLESK having the wrong locations set.

Can anybody advise how to get php-fm installed, and choosable from PLESK please.

Panel autoupdate is also failing daily because of those 3 packages.

Can Parallels not offer a fix for this? I am unable to update PLESK or install php-fpm because of these errors.

I wasn't panicing, I just wanted to know exactly what you have identified so I can point support at it, and ask them to explain.

Please can you sepcifically say where you have found discrepancies. i.e. what you see, and what you'd expect to see.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back