• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

12.5 Plesk upgrade overwrites Postfix header_checks

spaceout

Basic Pleskian
Just a warning to anyone who uses the /etc/postfix/header_checks file to use custom filtering of email.

Upgrading Plesk copies over this file. I've spent over a year customizing and tweeking my header_checks file to almost completely eliminate spam...and now after I upgraded Plesk to 12.5 it's gone.

I realize it's mostly my own fault for not thinking to back up this file...but Plesk really should NOT be copying over that file in the first place. Bad, bad, bad....

Actually this file is a part of OS vendor's postfix package:

# rpm -qf /etc/postfix/header_checks
postfix-2.11.5-centos6.15072015.i386

I suppose that you should address your "bad, bad, bad" words to OS vendor packagers who did not provide creation backup file like /etc/postfix/header_checks.rpmsave after postfix package update. A lot of different config files can be customized by Plesk users. It is really very difficult to predict all these possible customizations and perform backup of each potentially customized file.

Back