• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

19-5-2015 Plesk auto update crashed multiple PHP versions

Pan_Duke

Basic Pleskian
Today all my 3 Plesk servers where auto updated. one of them failed (all are Centos 6.5)
Wordpress websites crashed with message:
Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress

after an hour of downtime i found a solution.
in this server i had installed php 5.4 as of the recent features of plesk in the "Add or Remove Components" section. Today all websites with changed php versions (from 5.3 to 5.4) crashed. In the Hosting section of each one i found that instead of displaying the php version i choose (5.4.32), it was written "$version"
So i changed that to 5.3.3 and i got:
Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

did a server reboot after some cold sweats and everything is back to normal except.... the multiple php versions are dissapeared and from the hosting settings i get to choose between "5.3.3" and "$version"......

no i am stuck with 5.3.3 and thankfully there are only wordpress sites in this one. if there where Joomla ones then it would be a nightmare since Joomla is no more compatible with 5.3.3

So what happened in todays update? how can i restore 5.4 version safely without risking my servers health

Back