• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

2 Errors! MySQL Connection and SQL instance not showing.

A

admin0

Hi,

I am using Plesk 7.5.1 on windows server 2003.

# issue 1

I can go to %plesk_dir$\mysql\bin
and connect to mysql on both ports OK with the admin password.

The phpmyadmin works OK as root and as client also.
Clients are able to create database OK and view via phpmyadmin.

The problem is:

php does not connect to the database. The error that I get is:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs\test.php on line 7
Unable to connect to MySQL

<?
$username = "username";
$password = "password";
$hostname = "localhost";
$dbh = mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password)
or die("Unable to connect to MySQL");
print "Connected to MySQL<br>";

mysql_close($dbh);
?>

but i can connect OK with the username and password via commmand line

%plesk-dir%\mysql\bin\
mysql -u username -p ENTER
<password>
select db1
show tables;
etc etc ...

# issue 2

There is no ms sql instance shown in the plesk database section of mssql. However, I am able to connect to the database OK, and create/edit and do other things. Its just not showing the instance name in the display when logged in as admin.

The issue #2 is not that much priority now, however, due to mysql issues, none of the php/mysql sites are working.
This is a new server.

Please help

Cheers,
:D

$hostname = server name, 127.0.0.1, localhost, <all IP's>, none seem to work

Hello,

Then I'm sorry i dont know whats wrong. Normally these are the problems we faced. Anyways try contacting Sw-soft?

Good Luck :D

I checked further and found that the permissions on the user table for the user was all set to N .. meaning no permission to do anything was granted.

Using phpmyadmin via admin panel, I changed all N to Y and am able to connect .. Finally!

How do I setup such that any domain whose mysql database is added will have the necessary connect, update etc privledges assigned to them.

Cheers,

Back