• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Database connection fails for no reason

andreios

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 #2
I have a forum which suddenly can no longer connect to mysql.
The only thing done was an upgrade which finished succesfully with the database upgrade directly after that the connection was lost.
But all the file permissions look right. File owner and group is correct. The mysql settings in the forum config is right.
I have enabled mysql logging and the only message is.
[Warning] Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
But I can connect with the username and password from the config file with mysql -u user -p

what do you get back if you go
Code:
mysql -u user -p -h localhost
I have tried
Code:
mysql -u user -p -h localhost database
even as the user. I copied the data directly from Settings.php. No problem on cli, but the forum still doesn't connect.

According to the log the forum tries to connect trough the socket.
823 Connect user@localhost on using Socket
823 Connect Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have reinstalled the forum in a sub directory, there everything works with the same mysql data but different table prefix.

I then made a backup of everything and copied the forum from the sub directory to the root directory. The same files are now in both the sub directory and the root directory. The forum is simple machines forum and they have a repair tool that I use.

In the root directory no connection, in the sub directory it works.

I have now restarted php fpm and the error has disappeared. Nothing has been changed in the files.

Back