• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question 2 Plesk servers as Master and one server as Slave setup

kevinmamaqi

New Pleskian
I have two VPS running obsidian on ubuntu 20.04. I am using them as master DNS servers and running the slave dns manager extensions to point to a third server that has BIND9, being used as a slave. My setup is the following (named.conf) and server 1.1.1.1 works, but 2.2.2.2 doesn't. Am I missing something? Is this even possible?

Code:
key "rndc-key-1.1.1.1" {
    algorithm hmac-md5;
    secret "mysecret1";
};

key "rndc-key-2.2.2.2" {
    algorithm hmac-md5;
    secret "mysecret2";
};

controls {
    inet * port 953 allow { 1.1.1.1; 2.2.2.2; 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key-1.1.1.1"; "rndc-key-2.2.2.2"; };
};

Last edited:
Hi kevinmamaqi,

Have you checked log files on all three servers? Are there any errors or warnings?
This configuration could work but it could cause issues if the same domain is existing on two master servers at the same time because they will overwrite the information on the slave server.

Hi AYamshanov,

Which logs should I check? Server 1 (Plesk master) and Bind9 (slave) works well, the problem is that when I add the server 2 (Plesk master2) it doesn't authenticate properly with the slave manager ui. The message is: rndc: connection to remote host closed.

I also noticed that I have a file in BIND9 slave server called rndc.key with the following content:

Code:
key "rndc-key" {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "mysecret1";
};

Back