• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Two Plesk Obsidian Linux Servers Master and Slave DNS

noopykat

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 Update #2
Hi I have setup my Master DNS Plesk server and it has been working for months now with no issues. I wanted to manage my Slave DNS so I got another VPS running Plesk to handle this in a different GEO location.

I have setup the firewall and all ports are configured correctly but the issue is that as I understand, you must add a domain on the Slave DNS and when I do, it wants to setup hosting, etc. I added the primary domain which manages both NS and it shows and error on the slave that the website is hosted on another IP.

Also, how do I stop adding hosting, etc. when adding the domain to the slave just so I can add the master DNS IP?

I can't find any documentation which explains what to do in the situation, only with Master and third party slave or the other way around.

What am I supposed to do on the Plesk slave? all the Zone transfer settings, etc. are setup correctly.

Thanks

Same question here.
I could get it easily managed to install bind9 onto another server and unse slave dns extension, but there i could not find the info its possible to use the same slave for 2 different Plesk Servers - so i thought it would be a good idea to use the 2nd Plesk machine as 2nd ns for the 1st... documentation is not helpful so far.

Another thought (sorry, not able to edit):
Is it possible/good practice to use slave dns also with Plesk server vice versa? That would make it very easy and we would not have to setup the domains on the not hosting server...

Back