• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 315 duplicate DKIM Signatures in one Email Header

When is plesk 17.8 planned to be released?
Until now this bug is only fixed in the upcoming new version (17.8), but not in the current stable (17.5). Right?
What about backporting the fix to the 17.5 branch?

Same issue here on Plesk 17.5.3.
When will it be fixed?
Backporting this bugfix to 17.5 is quite complex and looks too risky for Plesk mailservers already working in the production. There is serious mailhandlers refactoring.

Backporting this bugfix to 17.5 is quite complex and looks too risky for Plesk mailservers already working in the production. There is serious mailhandlers refactoring.

Right now this makes Plesk unusable if you want to send out an e-mail to larger groups of people: Many mail servers refuse e-mails where the header exceeds a specific size or if it contains too many DKIM signatures. We experienced this with e-mails e.g. to 70 or 1000 recipients (using mailman Issue - Multiple DKIM-Signatures per Mail (when using mailman) and sending individual e-mails)... Disabling DKIM is not an option! Thus, it is required that this will be fixed for the productive Plesk versions (e.g., 17.5) ASAP!

Right now this makes Plesk unusable if you want to send out an e-mail to larger groups of people: Many mail servers refuse e-mails where the header exceeds a specific size or if it contains too many DKIM signatures. We experienced this with e-mails e.g. to 70 or 1000 recipients (using mailman Issue - Multiple DKIM-Signatures per Mail (when using mailman) and sending individual e-mails)... Disabling DKIM is not an option! Thus, it is required that this will be fixed for the productive Plesk versions (e.g., 17.5) ASAP!
Hey @B_P I clearly understand your problem, this DKIM Issue does exist for more than two years now. I have switched DKIM ON on domains only where I know they will not send mails to many addresses, this is not a solution of course. Plesk 17.8 will be released around March 2018 as far as I know therefore I think they will not fix it in Plesk 17.8 I think the only solution you have is switching to Plesk 17.8 Preview 9 as soon as possible, because it should be fixed there.

Is there now a scheduled date for the release of 17.8 available?
I'm now waiting for more than one year to get a bug fixed by plesk.

To get me right: We're talking about a bug within the implementation of a security function, not a new feature. For more than a year now. What do you do with a technical device which does not work as expected? You bring it back to the dealer. Or get some money because of malfunction. I'll try this now.

I just upgraded to the early adopters version 17.8.11 Update 1.
For me this issues is still not fixed. Sending an eMail to multiple receipients still results in as many DKIM signatures as are receipients in the eMail. Such emails are not accepted by major mail providers.

As @IgorG pointed out, a backport to 17.5 was rated as too risky. Now that it is not fixed in 17.8, will there be any chance to get this issue fixed in this release?

Interesting - that article was just updated.... I swear when I read it it sounded like it was resolved already....

I can also confirm this bug is still present after upgrade today to Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #5 on CentOS 6.9.

Very disappointing since we have been waiting for fix promised with this Plesk update.

E-mail messages with too many repeated DKIM signatures are rejected by many recipient mail servers, so this effectively prevents use of DKIM by Plesk mail servers, especially on dmains using Mailman ro other mailing list servers.

Guys, if you see this problem on your new Plesk Onyx 17.8, I advise you to contact support for more detailed investigation directly on your server.

Back