• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved 403 error on one wordpress site but not in others

VancouverGuy

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm having an issue in which I cannot access the login page in one of my wordpress sites but I can access others without any problem.

The message comes from plesk, not wp:

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 9.59.18.png

I may have changed some setting in this particular site but I cannot seem to find what that is.
As I'm a total newbie in here, can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hey, thanks for your reply.
It seems I'm not quite there yet because the site is accessible in the frontend and it is only when trying to access the login page that the error appears, preventing me from accessing the backend. I should have said that before ;)

Nonetheless, as suggested in the first article, I checked the logs and found this:

Code:
GET /wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1 HTTP/1.0

AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/wp-login.php

As per the second article, I haven't exported anything.

Any other ideas?

The AH01630: client denied by server configuration message indicates that access some directories and/or files are restricted.

Did you try to Google the error? There are some useful search results with possible solutions.

The AH01630: client denied by server configuration message indicates that access some directories and/or files are restricted.

Did you try to Google the error? There are some useful search results with possible solutions.

At first I didn't search for it as it is still a bit intimidating, but I finally did and came to see it was a problem caused by the all in one security plugin.

I disabled it and deleted all related directives in the .htaccess file and I was able to use the login page again.

Thanks a lot

Back