• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 403 errors on .js and .css files on first load, solved on refresh

rupeski

New Pleskian
I am hoping someone can help.

I have an issue with pages on my website returning 403 errors on some .js and .css files and images on the first load - visible in the Chrome inspect console. This causes the page to render improperly. Oddly, all the issues are resolved on a page refresh. If I do a hard refresh, the problems reappear, if I do a normal refresh they are resolved.

I have put hours into this, but I think it may be an issue with the server/IIS/Plesk, since the exact same page served from a different machine has no issues at all.

A test page on the live server (which is administered through Plesk) that shows the errors is here: [redacted] The exact same page served on the test server and showing no errors is here: [redacted]

The actual homepage on which the errors are also visible is [redacted] and the test website showing no errors is [redacted]

To see the issue, open the inspect console and see the 403 errors returned on the scripts that are trying to load. It happens on all browsers.

Both the live machine and the test machine are running Windows/IIS

I would be grateful for any help that can be offered.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, this issue can be related to caching settings. Check your server and browser cache settings to ensure they are not causing the 403 errors.

Back