• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document.

Mike Bluett

New Pleskian
I have WordPress 4.5.2 installed on Plesk for Windows with PHP 5.4.

All other pages (Home page, Contact Us, etc.) are working fine. I created 2 new pages that do not have links anywhere else on the active pages and are not accessible via the menu (as of yet).

When I click on VIEW on the Admin page in the Pages section or if I put the URL into my browser I receive a "403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" error.

Normally the suggestion is to grant the appropriate permissions to a directory but that cannot be the case in this instance because Wordpress uses the same files to access ALL pages and most of them work, just not the 2 latest ones I have created.

These 2 new pages have PUBLIC access capability (from Wordpress's perspective). And also the 2 new pages are represented properly in the MySQL database.

Is this an ISS problem or some sort of caching issue on the Plesk hosting server?

Incidentally, when I have this same environment setup on my XAMPP installation it works flawlessly. Also all the pages use the same theme and the same theme files.

Sorry, that should have been IIS in my previous post.

Last edited:
After much mucking around I found the problem. The previous guy who had been developing this site used some folders of the same name as my Wordpress pages. And these folders had permissions that were not allowed.

Back