• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

413 Request Entity Too Large - Cant upload backup files with backup manager

JahidH

New Pleskian
I have a 6GB backup file created with another Plesk Backup Manager, now I trying to upload this backup file to my Plesk Backup Manager but after upload 3% I am getting "413 Request Entity Too Large" error, I tried with disable NGINX but still getting this error.

Please help me how can I resolve this error or is their any other way to upload my file on backup manager?

I see that Backup Manager have a file size restriction of 2GB how can I increase this?

Last edited:
If you are getting such error while uploading a file in the website, then I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Take the backup of the configuration file of the NGINX

# cp /etc/nginx/nginx.conf /etc/nginx/nginx.conf.bkp
Add client_max_body_size 0; (or 100m) to /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and reload nginx proxy server using the below command:
# /etc/init.d/nginx reload

(Note: If 'client_max_body_size' entry is not there in the above file, then you can simply insert it under 'http {' section )

If you are getting such error while uploading a file in Plesk Panel (not while uploading in website), I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Increase 'client_max_body_size' value accordingly in '/etc/sw-cp-server/config' config file, for e.g. if the file's size is 4.5GB, you can set the value to 5120m (5120MB).

# grep client_max_body_size /etc/sw-cp-server/config
client_max_body_size 5120m;

Back