• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 - Internal Server Error - Nowhere to find for a solution

Go_Da

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have experiencing strange behaviour of Plesk admin panel. Actually there were a lot of issues similar with 500 Internal Server error but mine is a bit different..

This is the log came from the '/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log'

/bin/sh: /usr/share/sw-cp-server/applications-conf.sh: Permission denied
Cannot find config item ["global/SERVERsocket==:8443", ".php", 0]
2014-10-29 19:38:22: (mod_fastcgi.c.1068) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start:
2014-10-29 19:38:22: (mod_fastcgi.c.1072) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm
2014-10-29 19:38:22: (mod_fastcgi.c.1075) If you're trying to run your app as a FastCGI backend, make sure you're using the FastCGI-enabled version.
If this is PHP on Gentoo, add 'fastcgi' to the USE flags.
2014-10-29 19:38:22: (mod_fastcgi.c.1171) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.

as you can see there is a line starts with /bin/sh: /usr/share/sw-cp-server/applications-conf.sh: Permission denied and i tried to change this one for permission like 0755 or alternatives for a run but nothings changed. Btw i have plenty of disk space, it wasn't also the case.

I have investigate a hours and hours on the internet but i couldn't find any clue like similar or fix.

I cannot even login with my domain name without 'https' and with the port 8880. It's again giving me the same issue. If you ever faced like this issue or any suggestions please let me know.

BTW i want to give a little extra information; it was a long time that Plesk admin panel working but after today it's stuck in 500 Internal server error. What i tried today that to follow 'How to generate custom self-signed SSL certificates and apply it to Postfix: http://kb.odin.com/en/118354' , but after 6th step i was decied to stop because i couldnt find the root.pem file a minute and than i wanted to try on plesk and i saw the bad news :( I don't know it was related but i wanted to share.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Check /tmp permissions:

# stat /tmp
File: `/tmp'
Size: 20480 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: 1bh/27d Inode: 33226238 Links: 3
Access: (1777/drwxrwxrwt) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)

The result is this;

File: `/tmp'
Size: 200 Blocks: 0 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: 12h/18d Inode: 8729 Links: 3
Access: (1777/drwxrwxrwt) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)

Hi Igor, Thanks for inspiration about permissions, while i was doing the SSL certificate i made this "chmod 400 /usr/share/ssl/certs/postfix/rootCA.key" but than i checked the previous commands i saw that i accidently chmod 400 to "usr/share" ... After i changed to 755 than all things has started work.

It's saved my life , Thanks again ;)

Back