• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 Internal Server Error when trying to run a cgi script

You could always use a test server with same OS and do a fresh install of Plesk, then copy the psa-suexec file...

And did you (in the past) set the files as 'immutable' using the chattr +i command? If so, you would have to remove that from the files for them to be overwritten with new versions.

No change

No, I never changed anything with the files.

They were and are at:
/usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec
20 -r-s--x--- 1 root apache 16424 Aug 24 02:29 psa-suexec
/usr/sbin/suexec
20 -r-s--x--- 1 root apache 16424 Aug 24 02:29 suexec

Geesh, although I always get them to work, I've never figured out why running perl scripts has to be so damn difficult.

Hear Hear

Same here. I still don't have cgi.

I can run CGI via SSH, but not HTML with no help in resolving the problem from any source.

I've done everything possible with exception to re-imaging the server.

We're production so it isn't an option at the moment.

i have the same prob

Internal Server Error

I did all the things mentionted
nothing works.

I have 7.5.4 in CentOS 3.3

Here's a long shot for you guys. I was playing around and discovered that my cgi scripts would not work without "-w" like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

Like this they work fine, and a lot of scripts do not include the "-w". Hope it helps.

ok it works now i was lookin in the wrong folder :p the cgi was in the cgi-bin/ of the stats subdomain and not in the www :p

You may want to password protect the directory, unless you like having all your stats open to viewing by anyone/everyone.

I will :)

By the way , is there any way to password protect the folder of the subdomain from the panel ?

I think the only way to protect is to put manualy a .htaccess inside /subdomains/stats/httpdocs
or
/subdomains/stats/cgi-bin (the best option)

Back