• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 - Internal server error.

R

RoshanC

My website hosted on windows 2008 server, when i browse the website i got following error,
Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Please advice me what is wrong with my website. Please i need a suggestion .

Thanks for your help. :)

Thanks for your reply....

I have checked all permission of IIS also changed all permission but not get any luck, Could you please help how to assign Plesk IIS WP user to specific web.config file, I think it should be fine for me, could please assist me regarding this.

no need to assign Plesk IIS WP user/IWAM_plesk user.
Try to recieve more detailed for error: go to iis->your website and:
1. Check handlers (report current status/attach screenshot)
2. Browse web site (the same)
3. Also: did you remove manually any smb_user from plesk db?

Last edited:
If you browse locally (via RDP) to the site, you should see the actual error message that IIS is generating. Alternatively use the site preview functionality and that should also show you the error.

The error page should help identify the issue.

I have seen a similar issue with Windows where the "cgi-bin" folder does not have the Application Pool user listed and so has no permissions to access the folder contents - it may be the same issue you are seeing.

Paul

Back