• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 500 internal server error

PleskLearner

New Pleskian
I started installing the new theme using word press. After installation i tried to activate, but when tried to open the website it shows "500 internal server error". what is wrong? Please help.

Please refer to the vhost logs to see if there are any errors reported, as it will be impossible to troubleshoot without more information.

While this is most likely a WordPress (or this particular theme) related issue, not directly connected to Plesk, and you might get better help from the WordPress community, do post the relevant errors here and we'll try to help.

Sorry to say i am very new to all this web hosting and the other terminology. Recently started looking into creating my own website and purchased the web hosting and domain from godaddy. I resolved the issue i mentioned in the initial post by uninstalling the WordPress and reinstalling it. Currently i am facing couple of issues if you can help me I will be thankful. Some times i open the website from the plesk it does not open the website in the edit mode or i cannot see the dashboard of WordPress etc.
The other issue is if try to install any theme or plugin it takes a lot of time and it says installation failed. Can i do it offline i mean can i download and then install? Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Failed.png
    Failed.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If you are a web hosting customer, than it would be best to direct these questions at your hosting provider. They have access to server logs and settings and they should be able to provide support.

Back