• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 500 Plesk\Lock\Exception

msauer

New Pleskian
Hi,
since yesterday I can't login in my plesk. I get the following message:

1638537631478.png

I can't create a ticket because I can't read out my plesk licences number.
What I have to do that I can login in my plesk.

BR
martin

Hi,
sorry Kernel upgrade isn't possible, because I use a vServer. At the moment I use debian 9.13 and Kernel 3.16.
It is possible to do a downgrade of plesk?
BR
martin

Unless it is a shared hosting account where you do not have root access, a Kernel update should be possible, because on a vServer you are in control over the operating system yourself.

I got a support answer from my vServer Hoster that a kernel update isn't possible.
So I don't what is correct.
Is a vServer from Server4You where I have root access.

I think they are misleading with "virtual server" in their advertising, because they also have a service called "virtual dedicated server", which seems to be the real vserver. So, yes, maybe for there "virtual server" they are using a virtualiziation where your Linux environment is provided by their physical machine or virtualization solution, not by your own virtual "disk". If you were not able to choose your operating system when you initially ordered the server, it's probably not a fully qualified virtual server. Have you seen what others like cloud.hetzner.de offer? They are real virtual environments where you are free to install the operating system of your choice in the release state of your choice. It might be a better solution, else you'll always depend on the mercy of your provider.

I have the same issue using a vserver from Server4You. Meanwhile I recovered the state before upgrading Plesk to 18.0.40 until the fixed version is available.

I think they are misleading with "virtual server" in their advertising, because they also have a service called "virtual dedicated server", which seems to be the real vserver. So, yes, maybe for there "virtual server" they are using a virtualiziation where your Linux environment is provided by their physical machine or virtualization solution, not by your own virtual "disk". If you were not able to choose your operating system when you initially ordered the server, it's probably not a fully qualified virtual server. Have you seen what others like cloud.hetzner.de offer? They are real virtual environments where you are free to install the operating system of your choice in the release state of your choice. It might be a better solution, else you'll always depend on the mercy of your provider.
Hi,
to switch an production system only because updates were installed isn't an option.

By using the (incrementel) backup function which Server4You provides. In addition I have some scripts running to backup some important stuff on a daily basis. With this I was able to bring the server back to the state before the plesk upgrade. For now, the Plesk updates are disabled until the fixed version is available.

I have the same issue. My Plesk is on a VPS with Debian 9 on Virtuozzo 6, so a kernel upgrade is not possible.

I just updated to 18.0.40-mu1 which according to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...version-18-0-40-Lock-Manager-error-getrandom- is supposed to fix the issue. The Plesk update completes and shows the new version, but attempting to access the Plesk -> Updates section on port 8447 (https://xxx.xx.xx:8447/?secret=afiencxriqufpjneqoqm&locale=en-US) fails with "Connection Refused". I've tried multiple times by restoring a backup and re-running the update with no luck. Make sure you have backups before you update.

Is there finally a solution to the problem.
No, I just tried again and got the "Connection refused" error seconds after clicking update and seeing "Downloading new version of the installer". The update does seem to complete, but you will no longer be able to access Plesk -> Updates because it redirects to port 8447. Just out of curiosity, which operating systems are you guys running? I'm on Debian 9.13, but an old kernel because of Virtuozzo 6. Deeply disappointing because for a long time now, I've been a major advocate to all my customers, of enabling autoupdate. I won't be doing that anymore.

No, I just tried again and got the "Connection refused" error seconds after clicking update and seeing "Downloading new version of the installer". The update does seem to complete, but you will no longer be able to access Plesk -> Updates because it redirects to port 8447. Just out of curiosity, which operating systems are you guys running? I'm on Debian 9.13, but an old kernel because of Virtuozzo 6. Deeply disappointing because for a long time now, I've been a major advocate to all my customers, of enabling autoupdate. I won't be doing that anymore.
I also use debian 9.13 with the old kernel. (Virtuozzo).

Is the service of plesk always so terrible?

Is the service of plesk always so terrible?
In fairness, no, the service of Plesk in the past has been excellent. That's part of the reason I have always advocated enabling automatic updates in the past, but given the lack of response on this issue, I will not be doing that any more.

Seems to be fixed/working again after upgrading via console to 18.0.41

Nice! I can confirm the issue is fixed for me too after upgrading to 18.0.41. Thanks for the heads up. Disappointing that I can't find any mention of the issue in the changelog.

Back