• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

502 Bad GateWay - nginx after Update

FelixHohl

New Pleskian
Hello,

i have plesk panel 12 ... in the last few days there was a automatically update from plesk for my strato v-server.

After this update i got the message: 502 Bad GateWay - nginx when I will connect to my plesk login ...

all websites etc works fine but i can't login ...

does anyone knows how i can fix that problem?

502 Bad Gateway after upgrade to Plesk 12

Hello,

i have plesk panel 12 ... in the last few days there was a automatically update from plesk for my strato v-server.

After this update i got the message: 502 Bad GateWay - nginx when I will connect to my plesk login ...

all websites etc works fine but i can't login ...

does anyone knows how i can fix that problem?

I have the same problem and I (unwisely) rebooted my server. Now the websites and email services are inaccessible too. Only SSH works. Is there a way to revert to previous Plesk 11.5?

oh thats not good, thanks for that hint so I wont restart at the moment.

I don't think back to 11.5 would be the best idea. there sould be a solution to fix that problem.

does anybody has some tips for us?

Now the 502 Bad Gateway error has been replaced by
ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 's.click_time' in 'field list'
This should give us a lead but I've had no luck yet searching this site (and google)

is nginx needed for plesk? when not how to disable it?

Plesk uses it's own nginx server to serve Plesk

/etc/sw-cp-server

and websites are run from the usual servers eg

/etc/apache2/
/etc/nginx/

You can disable nginx for websites with

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable
on CentOS or
Code:
/opt/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable
on Ubuntu.

What does it say in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log?
And website logs?

EDIT: I would think if both Plesk and Websites are down disabling nginx for websites will have little affect.

Last edited:
Back