• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.2 NEED MySQL 4.0 but have 3.23 HOW?

C

Crit

Can someone give me a heads up on how I can do this either via Plesk or SSH?

Thanks,

Crit

I am assuming that you meant to post this in the Linux forum, as Plesk for Windows is at version 4.1 already. (this might account for the lack of replies)

I haven't done this myself, but you can use the updates off http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/ to upgrade to MySQL 4.0.24. I plan to use this in the future when I have to migrate a website using SQL for MySQL on to my new Plesk server.

http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22591 This is a link to a post on the forums about people failing to upgrade to 4, perhaps not the best encourage, I would recommend testing this out in a non-production environment first.

Plesk is dependant upon MySQL I was told. It (Plesk) will not allow you to upgrade MySQL beyond what it is compatible with. I crashed my 7.1.7/Plesk & Redhat 9 server after using yum update. It blew off my /usr partition. :(

I am now just trying to get back to square one. Eventually I have to get at least 4.0 MySQL. I am very aware of the latest releases but need to just upgrade to 4.0.

If we are taking about Plesk 7.5.2 for WINDOWS!!! then there is a good chance you can do this.. Please test first.

Last weekenD we had a disasterous upgrade to our Plesk 7.1 system. Sorting throught the mess allowed me to discover the following.

Plesk 7.5.2 runs 2 copies of MySQL. One for itself and the other for the user databases.

These are totally seperate and reside in different locations on the HD. The Plesk one is at port 8306 and the users one is at port 3306

Now - MySQL say you CAN run different copies of MySQL on a system so long as you have different ports, so it is probable that you can install a new version (Say MySQL v5) for your users and let Plesk do its own things with it MySQL 4.1.7 install.

There are some issues I can see. You might not beable to let your clients create their own ODBC connections or manage their own databases via Plesk (We use a tool SQLYog to do that from a remote machine).

But if your machine is a fairly closed machine that you manage yourselves with a small number of clients then it makes it a lot easier.

Just my views.. Please test first

Dave

Ah..

The link to posted was for the linux version. I'm using Windows and I don't think there is much you can do with the MySQL for that.

On my PLESK 7.5.1 I'm running MySQL 4.1.7 MySQL-NT-MAX to better use the memory etc rather than the MySQL-NT that Plesk installed.

I did this because

1. I had to drop and re-install the User Database
2. My DB tools recommended the MAX version (Better memory handling) and as that was not one of the exe's that was on the system I had to install it myself.

Either way - its running fine on the server.

Take Care

Dave

Back