• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

7.5.4 Upgrade failed, force?

R

ridgey

Guest
Hi there,

Apon failure of the auto updating from the Plesk Admin Console and also failure on the auto updater rpm, I have downloaded the complete package and attempted to install the base packages manually to get the upgrade moving along. I get the following :

[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh psa-locale-base-en-US-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-locale-base = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-api-cli >= 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa-api-common >= 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa-locale-base = 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13

Is this normal?? should i just force these through? or should it be approached another way. Any help appreciated.

Regards
 
Originally posted by ridgey
Hi there,

Apon failure of the auto updating from the Plesk Admin Console and also failure on the auto updater rpm, I have downloaded the complete package and attempted to install the base packages manually to get the upgrade moving along. I get the following :

[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh psa-locale-base-en-US-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-locale-base = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]#
[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-api-cli >= 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa-api-common >= 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa-locale-base = 7.5.4 is needed by psa-7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12
psa = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13

Is this normal?? should i just force these through? or should it be approached another way. Any help appreciated.

Regards

hmm... I'd suggest upgrading all the 'base' packages at one RPM invokation.
 
I have

I have tried that also :

[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh *
error: Failed dependencies:
psa = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13
psa-api-common = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-7.5.3-rh9.build75050602.16
 
Re: I have

Originally posted by ridgey
I have tried that also :

[root@psa2 base]# rpm -Uvh *
error: Failed dependencies:
psa = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13
psa-api-common = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-7.5.3-rh9.build75050602.16

You also need to install opt/bu and opt/api RPM simultaneously
 
Hello!

I'm getting the same problem as described above, on a 1&1 server.

Here's what I get in the failure report:
Code:
Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_RedHat_9/base/psa-locale-base-en-US-7.5.4-rh9.build75051115.01.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
	psa-locale-base = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13

----- end of output -----
...and the following when I run 'rpm -Uvh *.rpm --force' from the command line:
Code:
error: Failed dependencies:
        psa-locale-base = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-7.5.3-rh9.build75050506.13
I haven't had too much trouble trouble using the updater before, so I'm pretty new to having things break and need upgrading manually.

Regards,

Steve
 
Back
Top