• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.0.1 data restore failing with ERROR: PleskDOMException

D

dtb71

Before posting I searched but couldn't find an answer - sorry if I'm posting an already discussed/solved issue...

I am moving from one server to another - with different IP addresses... here's what I did:
Old server = 206.xxx.xxx.xxx - Plesk 8.0.0 - Fedora Core 4
New server = 66.xxx.xxx.xxx - Plesk 8.0.1 - Fedora Core 4

I created the backup on the old server using:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --all /home/plesk_backups/plesk_daily_Backup

it created 3 files:
plesk_daily_Backup
plesk_daily_Backup.001
plesk_daily_Backup.002

I ftp'd (binary mode) the 3 files over to the new server with no issues

On new server I created the map file:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map plesk_daily_Backup -map pleskDataMap

I made (1) change in the map file to update the IP address:
206.xxx.xxx.xxx -> 66.xxx.xxx.xxx

I validated the map:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --validate-map pleskDataMap
Map file validates

I attempted to restore all data and got multiple errors with huge xml dump:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore plesk_daily_Backup -level all -map pleskDataMap
ERROR: PleskDOMException
Malformed XML:

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PMM/MigrationDemon.php:76
DaemonRunner::validateXml(string '<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<action>
<set-migration-objects>
<selected-objects><migrate-server><client><name>newleaftoday</name><ip><old><ip-type>shared</ip-type><ip-address>206.xxx.xxx.xxx</ip-address></old><new><ip-type>shared</ip-type><ip-address>66.xxx.xxx.xxx</ip-address></new></ip><domain><name>

....and this xml dump goes on and one with a few more errors

I tried several times and no go.

Anyone seen this problem or have a solution for me?

I've done a restore before on Plesk 8.0.0 on the same box (after loosing a hard drive) and it worked flawlessly... but this is failing immediately!?!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Well - I got no help or support from swsoft... until after I resolved the problem! They could have saved me 2+ hours of wasted time!

So - here's what I did:

Well, actually, first the swsoft response... "check and upgrade if needed your Plesk to the latest 8.0.1 build with all hotfixes and backup utilities "
Gee... thanks! I wish they would have responded this way when I called on the phone. Could have pointed me to the new backup tool and eliminated over 2 hours of wasted time and frustration!

Anyway - after doing my own searching I found a posting in the forums for a NEW and UPDATED backup utility "Plesk Backup Agent v8.0.1" - you can read about it here: ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.0/Extensions/bu/backup-agent-8.0.1.html

So I downloaded the new backup utility and re-ran the whole scenario (created the backups, ftp'd them over, created map and attempted restore) and it seems to have worked just fine!

Must have been a bug in the backup utility in v8.0.0 ??

Back