• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.2.1 very bad update for qmail

We've had the same problem on one of our Plesk servers. I have found out dat the hosts file contains more spaces than the new update accepted.

/etc/hosts contains the following line (and others)

127.0.0.1 domainx.ext srv101 home localhost localhost.localdomain

It arn't spaces but (tabs), i have removed the tabs and replaced it with normal spaces.

127.0.0.1 domainx.ext srv101 home localhost localhost.localdomain

And restarted Qmail, the qeue directly started to flow and SMTP was/is working fine.

An other thing is the firewall from Plesk, I use APF firewall policies ahead of IPTables, but what uses Plesk 8.2.1?

I have shutdown IPtables, (# iptables -F) to allow all the traffic and drop the policies.

This fixed my problem with Plesk 8.2.1, the main reason was the tabs in the hosts file, but why? I always use tabs in my hosts of resolve files.

I will monitor our plesk servers for this problem, Plesk comes always with a new problem... :(

I have some problem with mail after update plesk to 8.2.1

1st. What the emails hold /var/qmail/handlers/spool/ ? In original qmail version that folders non-existent.

2st. Many email from bounce queue returned not original senders....

Any body help!

Does anyone have a solution to this issue yet? I tried the methods described in this thread with no success, I have disabled DrWeb and spam checking, but no luck so far.

I am running Plesk 8.2.1 on Debian 3.1

Back