• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

9.0.1 DNS issues

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Any ideas on fixing this?

Domain suspends because of overusuage, I unsuspend however now the domain redirects to a default webpage saying the site is not hosted on the plesk server or hosting is not configured.. Email was also getting bounced saying the host is not in my allowed ctrl file. I restarted email and it works, however the web page still redirects for whatever reason.

This had happened previously with new domains where domain.com works, yet www.domain.com redirected to default Plesk page. Support logged in and ran /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com which fixed the problem only until it broke again. When I ran the same command it did not fix the problem, so support again logged and fixed it, allegedly running the same command.

So far since running this upgrade, I have not had one single day without a Plesk problem.... My nice quiet little hosting platform has turned into a monster.

I am not sure if this may happen but suspend the domain then unsuspend the domain and see if in
/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf there is an entry for the domain.

Also do you run your own local dns servers?

I have tried suspending and unsuspending with no change. I do have my own nameservers and unfortunately, both are running on the same box.

When the domain was suspended did you check /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf and was the domain removed from there? And when you restored the status in named.conf was the domain put back in?

Back