• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.5.2, Horde & Spell Check

twwheeler

New Pleskian
Howdy all:

Ever since we've upgraded to 9.5.2, on all of our servers, aspell/spellcheck is no longer working in Horde. The option is no longer even there. I've checked multiple files, (how many copies of conf.xml/conf.php does Plesk need - I have them in three different directories?!) aspell is installed & working, and I cannot fathom why the option is not appearing.

The active Horde config appears to be in /usr/share/psa-horde. imp/config/config.php already had:

$conf['utils']['spellchecker'] = '/usr/bin/aspell';

conf.xml has:

<configsection name="spell">
<configheader>Spell Checker</configheader>
<configswitch name="driver" required="false" desc="Choose a Spell Checking backend">
<case name="" desc="None" />
<case name="aspell" desc="aspell (command line)">
<configsection name="params">
<configstring name="path" required="false" desc="Enter the location of
the aspell binary" />
</configsection>
</case>
</configswitch>
</configsection>

I'm not even sure if anything in conf.xml needs to be changed. In previous versions, I did nothing; this just worked. I cannot find any other reference to this in 9.x forums, but it did work previously for us.

Thoughts?

I have forwarded it to development team for the further investigation. I will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Unable to reproduce on cos5x64 and cos5x86 for clean installation and upgrade.
Please specify what OS and source Plesk version (before upgrade).

I am having the same problem as twwheeler with the spell checker, I have the same settings in the config files as they do, it is not working with Plesk 9.5.2 update.

My server specs:

Plesk 9.5.2
CentOS 4.8 x86

Snap

Hi all,

Running CentOS 5, just upgraded from plesk 9.0 to 9.5.2 and horde spell check dissapeared, all config files look good,a nd aspell is installed.

Did you get anywhere with this one?

Thanks in advaned,

Joel

Fixed

Hi all,

Just been looking at conf.php file in /etc/psa-webmail/horde/imp and its missing the line

$conf['spell']['driver'] = 'aspell';

added this to file, saved it, and webmail/horde spelling now works a charm.

Hope this helps people out there.

Joel

Joel:

Thank you - that worked for me as well. Why Parallels couldn't give us the same answer in three months is beyond me, but oh well. "It's been forwarded to the developers"

Because developers couldn't reproduce this problem. I have forwarded solution to developers. I hope it will help to find a reason of this issue.

Back