• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.5.4 Backup Manager Cron Issue

JnascECSI

New Pleskian
Has anyone come up with a fix for the plesk backup manager not launching scheduled backups on domains when they are scheduled? Or is there a patch for this issue yet or workaround?

Hi. Yes, I'm having this same problem after migrating to 10.2 from 9.5.2. No scheduled backups have run.

So it's been months now and there seems to still be no fix or workaround for plesk backup manager on 9.5.4 scheduled backups not working. Has anyone come up with a fix or workaround for this or is parallels going to even address the issue and fix it?

I continue to have 50-100 customers opening tickets monthly wanting to know why their scheduled backups do not run when they have them scheduled and have to manually run a backup.

Did you try to search solution in KB articles at least?

Yes i did a couple times and only came up with this one http://kb.odin.com/en/6194 and after looking in the psa database it seems to be fine except for the fact that most of all the dates are from April 29th, 2011 the day before i upgraded from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4 which was April 30th, 2011

Also i went thru all the domains that have access to the backup manager "I dont give all clients access" and there are 86 domains that have auto backups scheduled. 53 have weekly settings and the days are spread out thru the week and 33 do dailys which are all spread out between 10pm and 5am the next morning.

I'm am enforcing the max of simultaneously backup setting of 10 processes and looking at the time spread on the dailys the most that have the same time to start backup is 5 domains and none would trigger the 10 max if they over lapped also.

Now the only thing that has me puzzled is if i have 86 domains with scheduled backups then the output of crontab -l should show the 86 domain ID #'s correct? but this is what i actually get below. And the domains that are giving in the output don't even launch when they are suppose to neither.

[xxxxxx@xxxx-x ~]# crontab -l
2,17,32,47 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
[xxxxxx@xxxx-x ~]#

Last edited:
Hi,

The cron you show there (backupmng) just checks the BackupsScheduled table in the psa database and if certain conditions are met it then runs the backup, so its fine for you not to see the individual domains mentioned in the cron.

We don't experience this issue on any of our servers where the scheduled backups work fine with the exception of when Plesk decides to do them at completely the wrong time (restores are another matter but I'm inclined to think thats us causing that).

Could it be that this is being caused by other backups failing to finish and the system thinking that your 10 backups are all running in some way? (You could try raising the limit, or check /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp for directories or check the BackupsRunning table, to be honest I'm unsure exactly how Plesk decides how many backups are currently running).

Paul.

Back