• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Gabrielprogramador

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Android 10.0
Plesk version and microupdate number
plesk obsidian 8.0.28
Hello everyone.
I just designed a website which is actually running into a freehost hosting. It specially uses plesk in order to command my whole actions. The issue is i´m constantly updating and changing my website but this time it wasn´t appeared the updates i did to my website. then i decided to delete all the files i uploaded onto the plesk server and i decided to upload the new index.html, styles.css and main.js files from my computer to the plesk command server. it turned to be the worst thing i have ever made and now i can´t visualize my website. it constantly appears the 404 not found error, the following error can be read:
The requested URL was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Apache Server at [redacted] Port 443. what should i do in order to fix this madness? y website can´t be seen anymore. greetings and i would really appreciate it a serious answer. i wish everyone a nice week guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you upload your files into the document root directory of the domain? Some users upload their files into the web space home directory, but that is the wrong path.

The document root directory is /httpdocs by default, but if you are not sure about it, you can check it in "Hosting & DNS" > "Hosting Settings" > "Document root".

Hi @Gabrielprogramador, can you provide the OS of the SERVER you're RUNNIN Plesk on? Android 10 is not a valid OS for Plesk.

Likewise, there's no version 8.0.28 for Obsidian (and if it there was, you are way outdated there, buddy), so can you provide the correct version?

I just hate to assume that you're Windows or Linux without the proper information and without the proper information there isn't much to provide you other then to make sure you've uploaded to the correct location with the correct user account with the proper permissions and such.

Back