• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question About mysqld.service in MariaDB

1) Remove the old repository from /etc/yum.repos.d/Mariadb.repo and add the one according. In this case it would be mariadb 10.2.
2) Once repo is replaced, run the following command:
Code:
# yum clean metadata
This will eliminate cache data.
3) Run this command
Code:
# yum install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client

After installation complete let's reload daemon like so:
Code:
# systemctl daemon-reload
And restart service:
Code:
# systemctl restart mariadb

Please note, like I mentioned before mariadb 10.2 and 10.3 are not supported by Plesk, however, given the circumstances I suggest to stay on this version and see if no issues arise. If by any reason, downgrade is necessary, you may perform this under your own risk.

1) Remove the old repository from /etc/yum.repos.d/Mariadb.repo and add the one according. In this case it would be mariadb 10.2.
2) Once repo is replaced, run the following command:
Code:
# yum clean metadata
This will eliminate cache data.
3) Run this command
Code:
# yum install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client

After installation complete let's reload daemon like so:
Code:
# systemctl daemon-reload
And restart service:
Code:
# systemctl restart mariadb

Please note, like I mentioned before mariadb 10.2 and 10.3 are not supported by Plesk, however, given the circumstances I suggest to stay on this version and see if no issues arise. If by any reason, downgrade is necessary, you may perform this under your own risk.

I did the above, but nothing seems to change? Is MySQL close to the symbolic link state of MariaDB?

Code:
 systemctl status mysql
● mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.2.18 database server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
           └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-10-30 18:58:37 JST; 17s ago
     Docs: man:mysqld(8)
           https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/systemd/
  Process: 1438 ExecStartPost=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 757 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= ||   VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ]   && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 719 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 913 (mysqld)
    Tasks: 36
   Memory: 294.8M
   CGroup: /system.slice/mariadb.service
           └─913 /usr/sbin/mysqld
-bash-4.2$ systemctl status mariadb
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
           └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-10-30 18:58:37 JST; 22s ago
     Docs: man:mysqld(8)
           https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/systemd/
  Process: 1438 ExecStartPost=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 757 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= ||   VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ]   && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 719 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 913 (mysqld)
    Tasks: 36
   Memory: 295.4M
   CGroup: /system.slice/mariadb.service
           └─913 /usr/sbin/mysqld

systemctl status mysql

CentOS 7 is shipped with MariaDB. MariaDB 10.x version is a drop-in replacement for MySQL 5.5-5.7.

systemctl status mysql

CentOS 7 is shipped with MariaDB. MariaDB 10.x version is a drop-in replacement for MySQL 5.5-5.7.
Thank you. As log alert happens at a fixed time, I would like to wait for tomorrow.

Thank you. As log alert happens at a fixed time, I would like to wait for tomorrow.

Warning this morning. Errors like the day before yesterday seem to be gone.
Code:
2018-10-31  3:20:01 139985085421312 [Warning] Aborted connection 2097 to db: 'psa' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)
2018-10-31  3:20:30 139985087264512 [Warning] Aborted connection 2101 to db: 'psa' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

I guess this may be ignored, but there was no such warning before. I would like to repair if possible.
Is wait_timeout related? I do not seem to be able to change this value. Even if I set it with my.cnf, the mysql command can not change its value. It is seemed fixed to 60(28800).

Edit:
Code:
/etc/my.cnf

Add the following directives under the [mysqld] section or increase the values if these directives are already defined:
Code:
innodb_buffer_pool_size=1024M
query_cache_size=64M
Save the changes and close the file.

Restart the MySQL service:
Code:
service mysqld restart

I hope this fix you issue, if you need any other assistance, let me know.

Warning still appears unchanged.
Previously innodb_buffer_pool_size was 350M and query_cache_size was 0. I used software called mysqltuner to set each value.
And those values have not changed from the value set in Maria DB 5.6. In MariaDB 5.6, 10.3 and 10.2, my.cnf used exactly the same thing.

Back