• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question About mysqld.service in MariaDB

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
Does "mysqld.service" exist in Plesk (17.8.11)? At least it currently does not exist on my server.
When asking a certain person, I was told that MariaDB should also have mysqld.service.
mysqld.service does not exist because I am using Plesk?

I installed a database search program from rpm. Then two rpm package files of different versions remained. And when I try to uninstall the old rpm file, I get warned that "mysqld.service is not found, not loaded" and fails.

Please tell me how to delete this old rpm file. Do I need to install MySQL? In that case, how can I install MySQL on the server containing Plesk?

Please help,

---
CentOS 7.5 / MariaDB 10.3.9

Hi,

You have to use "mariadb.service".
MySQL service are not used at Plesk Onyx.

Best,
Edward

Does "mysqld.service" exist in Plesk (17.8.11)? At least it currently does not exist on my server.
When asking a certain person, I was told that MariaDB should also have mysqld.service.
mysqld.service does not exist because I am using Plesk?

I installed a database search program from rpm. Then two rpm package files of different versions remained. And when I try to uninstall the old rpm file, I get warned that "mysqld.service is not found, not loaded" and fails.

Please tell me how to delete this old rpm file. Do I need to install MySQL? In that case, how can I install MySQL on the server containing Plesk?

Please help,

---
CentOS 7.5 / MariaDB 10.3.9

Hi,
You have to use "mariadb.service".

When I try to uninstall the rpm file, I am asked for mysqld.service. Is there a solution to this?

package-cleanup --dupes
package-cleanup --cleandupes
And rpm -e command.
I can not use them either. After all I still need "mysqld.service".

Than you have to install a new databaseserver as MySQL. Currently you'll use mariadb.

Also use "yum" to to remove and install new packages. This is a save method for your server. Better than using "rpm". ("man yum" for manual or "yum --help" for commands)

When I try to uninstall the rpm file, I am asked for mysqld.service. Is there a solution to this?

package-cleanup --dupes
package-cleanup --cleandupes
And rpm -e command.
I can not use them either. After all I still need "mysqld.service".

Than you have to install a new databaseserver as MySQL. Currently you'll use mariadb.
I uninstall MariaDB once and install MySQL. Then uninstall the package with the yum command.
After that, I uninstall MySQL and return it to MariaDB. Is this correct in this procedure?

Or can MySQL and MariaDB coexist?

First you have to uninstall mariadb than install mysql at your server with Plesk Onyx. Those two database servers are related and its not recommanded to keep them separate for 1 databaseserver at your machine.

Before you start, backup anything at your entire disk and also your database. And stop all database services before backup and (un)installing the (new) software.

I uninstall MariaDB once and install MySQL. Then uninstall the package with the yum command.
After that, I uninstall MySQL and return it to MariaDB. Is this correct in this procedure?

Or can MySQL and MariaDB coexist?

First you have to uninstall mariadb than install mysql at your server with Plesk Onyx. Those two database servers are related and its not recommanded to keep them separate for 1 databaseserver at your machine.

Before you start, backup anything at your entire disk and also your database. And stop all database services before backup and (un)installing the (new) software.

Thank you, I will try it.

When I tried to do it, I heard a warning about it by chance.
When uninstalling MariaDB, the license of Plesk expires, and my contract seems to need to purchase a new license. And I suppose it will be necessary to reinstall the OS itself. For example, it seems impossible to restore from backup.

Of course I understand that the license key contract is "different for each user" but is the information correct?

Sorry, please let me confirm again just in case.
I heard a warning from person who used Plesk a long time ago(about 3 or 4 years ago).
Is there any possibility that Plesk's license key will lost after uninstalling MariaDB?

I finished the series of actions. thank you for the advice. The license key was safe.
Warnings have been recorded since then. There are three warning logs every day at 1, 3, 4 o'clock.

Aborted connection XXXX to db: 'psa' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

I think that "psa" is probably related to PLESK. Is this such a problem as having no authority?

Hello,
try these:
Code:
plesk repair db -y

this should help, othervise have a look here:
Slow performance of the MySQL on Plesk server

Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]
Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]
Checking the consistency of the Plesk database
Inconsistency in the table 'dom_param' for the column dom_id: No
rows in the table 'domains' with = 4 ............................. [WARNING]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair db -verbose
Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database: /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20181029-172356.dump.gz
Removing unnecessary rows ....................................... [FIXED]
Error messages: 0; Warnings: 1; Errors resolved: 1​

I will see how the warning will remain in the log tonight.

Today's log:
Warning] Aborted connection 225 to db: 'psa' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)
[Warning] Aborted connection 229 to db: 'psa' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)
[Warning] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
It is not a timeout and access denial was added.

Is this condition normal?

systemctl status mysql *After stop mysql
mysql.service - LSB: start and stop MariaDB
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
I was also pointed out that this is strange.

The fundamental question. It seems that MariaDB and MySQL are both installed on my server.
When I run sytemctl disable mysql, mariadb and mysql are disabled in yuml list. On the contrary, when enable mysql is executed, both are enabled. I do not seem to be able to turn on either.

When I executed yum remove of mariadb/mysql, file of PLESK relation was deleted. After installing MariaDB, I ran plesk-insataller. And I added the missing component of Plesk. Was MySQL installed by Plesk at this time?

yum list installed | grep mysql
php-mysql.x86_64 5.4.45-15.el7.remi @remi
plesk-mysql-connector-odbc.x86_64
plesk-mysql-server.x86_64 17.8.11-cos7.build1708180301.19 @PLESK_17_8_11-dist
plesk-php71-mysql.x86_64 7.1.23-centos7.18101211 @PLESK_17_PHP71

find / -name "mysql"
/var/lib/mysql
/var/lib/mysql/mysql
/run/lock/subsys/mysql
/usr/bin/mysql
/usr/share/mysql
/usr/share/psa-roundcube/SQL/mysql
/usr/lib64/mysql
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/auto/DBD/mysql
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/DBD/mysql
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mysql
/usr/local/sb/resources/sql/mysql
/usr/include/mysql
/usr/include/mysql/server/mysql
/usr/include/mysql/mysql
/etc/logrotate.d/mysql
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
/etc/selinux/targeted/active/modules/100/mysql

I had not grasped the state of mysql before. I did not expect mysql to be installed in the first place. I thought MariaDB was installed as an alternative to MySQL. Is MySQL installed even in the general Plesk configuration and can I execute systemctl start/stop mysql?

Can you show me the output of the following command to see what packages are installed:

Code:
rpm -qa | grep mariadb

Code:
rpm -qa | grep mysql

and also the following command to see the files installed with this packages:

Code:
repoquery --installed -l mysql

I will also ask if you can provide mysql logs as well. They can be found in the following directory: /var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log

Code:
rpm -qa | grep mariadb
plesk-libmariadbclient-1.0-1.0.0-0centos.7.171006.1040.x86_64
sw-mariadb-client-1.0.0-centos7.16102516.x86_64
Code:
rpm -qa | grep mysql
php-mysql-5.4.45-15.el7.remi.x86_64
plesk-mysql-server-17.8.11-cos7.build1708180301.19.x86_64
groonga-normalizer-mysql-1.1.3-1.el7.x86_64
plesk-php71-mysql-7.1.23-centos7.18101211.x86_64
plesk-mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.7-centos7.17091819.x86_64

Code:
repoquery --installed -l mysql
nothing

log:
Code:
[ERROR] InnoDB: Operating system error number 11 in a file operation.
[ERROR] InnoDB: Error number 11 means 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
[Note] InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/operating-system-error-codes/
[ERROR] InnoDB: Cannot open datafile './ibdata1'
[ERROR] InnoDB: Could not open or create the system tablespace. If you tried to add new data files to the system tablespace, and it failed here$2018-10-23 [ERROR] InnoDB: Plugin initialization aborted with error Cannot open a file
[Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
[Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
[ERROR] Aborting
Code:
[ERROR] mysqld: Can't lock aria control file '/var/lib/mysql/aria_log_control' for exclusive use, error: 11. Will retry for 30 seconds
[ERROR] mysqld: Got error 'Could not get an exclusive lock; file is probably in use by another process' when trying to use aria control file '/$
[ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' init function returned error.
[ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
Code:
[ERROR] InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1 error: 11
[Note] InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process using the same InnoDB data or log files.
-> This happens when mysql is active

Disable MySQL service and ensured that only MariaDB remained:
Code:
$systemctl disable mysql.service
Code:
$systemctl daemon-reload

Code:
$ls -lah /etc/systemd/system/
Output should be: mariadb.service.d

Please check it on your side.
If you have any additional questions, let me know. I will be glad to assist you.
Best regards

Disable MySQL service and ensured that only MariaDB remained:
Code:
$systemctl disable mysql.service
Code:
$systemctl daemon-reload

Code:
$ls -lah /etc/systemd/system/
Output should be: mariadb.service.d

I did it. and reboot.

Code:
systemctl status mysql
● mysql.service - LSB: start and stop MariaDB
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-10-30 18:26:26 JST; 1min 22s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 711 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Tasks: 32
   Memory: 303.6M
   CGroup: /system.slice/mysql.service
           ├─ 775 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/cd01.courio-city.net.pid
           └─1129 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --plugin-dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --log-error=/var/log/mariadb/mariadb.log --open-file...

Code:
systemctl status mariadb
● mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.2.18 database server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
           └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2018-10-30 18:28:36 JST; 3s ago
     Docs: man:mysqld(8)
           https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/systemd/
  Process: 916 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mysqld $MYSQLD_OPTS $_WSREP_NEW_CLUSTER $_WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 745 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= ||   VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ]   && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 731 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 916 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

After restarting the server again after the above, both became active (running).
Apparently, when I restart the server, it seems necessary to stop MySQL and start MariaDB manually.

Back