• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question About updating certificate of Let's Encrypt

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I use an application called Mattermost. Since this application can not be managed by Plesk and made it function, nginx etc directly edit nginx.conf and operate Mattermost. But Let's Encrypt uses Plesk's Let's Encrypt. *It is not externally installing it separately.
The program itself is put in a different place by proxy_pass and port. That is outside the site.

In this state Let's Encrypt certificate can not be updated.
" Error: Could not issue Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate of SITE-URL.
You can not use an authentication token with SITE-URL/TOKEN.
In order to solve this problem, please be able to download the TOKEN file from the above URL."
I will display "404 Not found" when accessing that site. When I look at the server, the file itself exists in that location.

I tried the troubleshooting below, but I could not.
Troubleshooting failed Let's Encrypt certificate installation on Plesk domain

It could not be done by the following method either.
I wrote the following in nginx.conf or Plesk's nginx additional directive.
# ACME challenge
location ^~ /.well-known {
allow all;
default_type "text/plain";
try_files $uri =404;
}
location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
allow all;
}

It is my imagination. I think this is an event unique to using Plesk. When trying to check a well-known directory, will it be redirected to Mattermost(place)?

Is there a way to update the certificate?

After that I understood. I disabled the permanent 301 redirect setting in Plesk's hosting settings, and it was possible to automatically update the Let's Encrypt certificate.
About this permanent 301 redirect. If this setting can't be done, the user is required to input "https://".
Is there a workaround for this?

Back