• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

access control

O

Osmolovsky

Can some one explain me how to disallow Domain Administrator change his password?

Hello,

in Plesk when you add a client and create a domain under the client then login for that control panel is through the User i,e the client you added.

And this login cannot be disabled as there is no option for this feature to disable.

But if you have added the Domain User for the domain and accessing the control panel only for that particular user domain then you can simply delete the domain user for that Domain so that he cannot login to the control panel for that particluar domain.

Feel free to contact me for issues and contracts at [email protected]

Thanks,
Bandurao.
System Administrator.

Why exactly would you want to remove your Domain Administrator, or any Clients for that matter, ability to change their password. I highly discourage this type of activity. Preventing users from that ability leaves you open to attacks, should anyone aquire the password. Myself, I prefer to change mine at least once a month to prevent any possible attempts on my machine(s). But that's just my preference. I'd still highly discourage the type of action you're wanting to set up.

Back