• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

H

HassanM

Hi everybody

i'm using a new windows server 2008 and plesk 9.3. but i have trouble with setting up a customers .net websites.
when i created any domain in plesk and set it to use asp.net i get the below error message. it's a common error for every .net domain. i'm sure .net framework works well because mail enable webmail system (asp.net) works without any problem on this server!

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

i read the below links, but unfortunately they can't solved my problem.
http://forums.iis.net/t/1164566.aspx
https://forums.iis.net/t/1163083.aspx

anybody can help me?

Thanks
Hassan

Thanks Igor

I did the thread's instruction. The sulotion was perfect.

Regards

Hi,

I had to add the following to my disksecurity.xml

<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="C:\Windows\assembly" AceFlags="FilesOnly" AccessMask="Read" EntryFlags="0x0" />

Then run "%plesk_bin%\applysecurity" --apply

I certify that this code is OK and it resolve my issue.

Thanks
Himanshu Kumar Pant
SysAdmin
for eWebGuru.com
web hosting india

Back